Imagine 3100rd W/H Bypass valve location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine 3100rd W/H Bypass valve location

So far have not found water heater bypass valve on my 3100rd. From position of water heater on outside, seems it should be in pantry. Removed panel in back of pantry floor; but don’t see any plumbing—only electrical. Anyone have experience here? Wanting to winterize.
    Jim & Laura - 2024 Reflection 320MKS towed by 2022 Silverado 2500HD Diesel

ITDaddy

The water heater is on the street side under the kitchen sink.

Let the forum know how your winterization goes--the power of an owners' forum is the sharing of information!

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	3100RD.JPG
Views:	612
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	69654
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

ITDaddy

Just remove the two drawers under the kitchen sink and the valves are easy to reach. Nice to see another 3100RD owner on the forum!
      Brett & Lisa
      From NW Ohio
      2020 Imagine 3100RD behind a 2022 F-250 7.3 Lariat

Comment

Will take a look there. Surprised they would be under sink as that is a long way from Water Heater.

Comment

Ah, now I can see on the diagram Howard posted and the advice from Brett and Lisa that it makes sense to look under the sink. Much thanks. I will take a look tomorrow!

Comment

Found the w/h bypass valves right where described to the left of drawers on left of kitchen sink. Wife and I were able to blow out the water supply lines using Rigid 6 gal. Air compressor at 35-40 lbs pressure. After draining water heater, started with outside shower faucet in pass-thru right beneath water supply connection where I connected compressor hose. Then moved to bathroom lavatory, toilet and shower and finally the kitchen sink. Hot first; then cold. Elected to not fill water lines with antifreeze as rig is stored in enclosed, well insulated building. But, did fill p-traps in bath lavatory, shower and kitchen. And left a small amount of antifreeze in porcelain toilet. Would be interested to know if others have a strong opinion about adding antifreeze to lines after blowing them out. Prefer not do as it makes startup for next trip a bit easier. And might even be able to have one mid-winter without too much hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by ITDaddy View Post
              Would be interested to know if others have a strong opinion about adding antifreeze to lines after blowing them out. Prefer not do as it makes startup for next trip a bit easier. And might even be able to have one mid-winter without too much hassle.
              You must be new here . I jest of course, and I only say that since the topic of antifreeze vs air vs doing both comes up a few times on here and you will get a mixture of thoughts. The obvious key is getting all the water, especially when you have deep cold winters, and unfortunately just using air means that water can be left behind. Think about possible low dips in the straight runs of pipe, when enough water gets moved out, but now a space for air to pass over the water is made, meaning not all the water will get out. I guess if your winters are mild enough, when freezing temperatures are rare, you maybe able to get away with that, but is it worth the risk? If you search this site for antifreeze, I am sure you'll find lots of good posts and the array of thoughts.

Since we can get cold snaps of -30c / -22f up here, I always do antifreeze and I use the Propylene glycol kind rated for -60c burst protection, as compared to the 'pink' alcohol kind. It costs more but it has benefits and gives me a little more piece of mind.
              2019 Imagine 2400BH
              2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Working...
              X