21G Momentum Fresh Water Tank and Coroplast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21G Momentum Fresh Water Tank and Coroplast

Does anyone know where the fresh water tank is on a 2019 21g before I pull the corplast down? Also how how do you repair the corplast if i have to cut it?

Originally posted by Coppertop View Post
    Does anyone know where the fresh water tank is on a 2019 21g before I pull the corplast down? Also how how do you repair the corplast if i have to cut it?
    I'm going to delete the other thread, Coppertop, where you answered your own question. As you know, the fresh water tank is just forward of the axles. Easy to identify from underneath--find the white dump opening poking out from under the coroplast and the tank is right above it.

Try not to cut the coroplast is the best recommendation for your second question. There is tape, but not many have long term satisfaction with it (comes off). It's a bit of work to get the coroplast down (and back up) but it is possible.

Now that I've written the "correct" response, there is a way I found that works (for me) and has held up over the long term. Try it at your own risk...definitely not a GD-approved process. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...allation-notes

Another thread you might find interesting: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...recommendation

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Look near the axles. That much weight is hard to deal with elsewhere.

You can take a few screws out of the coroplast along the edge and pull it down enough to look inside before you get too involved.

For small cuts, underbelly repair tape is best. For larger cuts, a strip of wood or aluminum above the coroplast to screw into followed by underbelly tape may be best.

often there is a solid bar or beam somewhere in the trailer that might make a could cutting point for the coroplast sing there is something solid to anchor to across the trailer. The coroplast may already be screwed to that beam.
      John & Kathy
      2014 Reflection 303RLS
      2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion on the underbelly repair. I have a small leak somewhere around the front grey tank dump valve, hoping its the valve leaking where the rod goes into it. We are currently outside Mobile Alabama. When we get to Texas, I'll take a better look without being too destructive. Again, thanks for the help for a newbie!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coppertop View Post
          Thank you for your suggestion on the underbelly repair. I have a small leak somewhere around the front grey tank dump valve, hoping its the valve leaking where the rod goes into it. We are currently outside Mobile Alabama. When we get to Texas, I'll take a better look without being too destructive. Again, thanks for the help for a newbie!!!!
          I also have a 21G and also had a leak from the front grey tank valve. It was a piece of the thank (remnant from the manufacturing of the tank) that was partially blocking the valve form closing completely. Because it was covered under warranty we took it to the dealer. They cut the coroplast and taped it :( Tape is already starting to come off.
          Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

So I should have started at the top and worked my way down. The leak was actually the p trap under the shower seems the rough road got it loosened off. Simply tightened, and leak stopped. Now on to playing with the dog!

Comment

Working...
            X