Gray tank outlet leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray tank outlet leak

Full timing in 2020 Solitude S2930. Gray tank for bathroom not draining fully. Found it is a Bristol valve, bought replacement on Amazon. It's a tight fit to replace after a major pain to drop the coroplast. Found a short piece of plastic fitted into the outlet of the tank with a flange to attach to the valve. Found that the tank can be slid back an inch or so by moving the stop at the rear of the tank. This helps, but there is a leak that has started where the short plastic fits into the outlet of the tank. I pulled the short piece out of the tank, and it looks like they use something like plumber's putty to cause a seal. It is dripping here. I have talked to two mobile techs I have used, but they have not gotten back to me. I would deeply appreciate any help you can offer. Happy Thanksgiving!
    2020 Solitude 2930RL S-Class

Hey, finally one that I can have a helpful answer. BTDT during a valve replacement.

Here are a couple of thread that may help, plus a few pics of mine.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...at-tank-outlet

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-tank-fittings

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1989.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	70802 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1988.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	70803
    Attached Files
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Jerry, thanks for the references to prior postings. I conversed with a local mobile tech and we agreed that Flexseal products have worked well in many situations. So I went to Lowes and bought the paste and tape. I used a fiber brush in a drill to clean off old butyl sealant, put the paste in the joint and covered it with the tape after assembly. I took a long shower last night and all is well this morning. I also had a conversation with a Grand Design customer service rep who said he would talk to others about their advice, but he did not call back. Day before a holiday. Hope the fix lasts!
      2020 Solitude 2930RL S-Class

Comment

Working...
      X