Fresh Water Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Water Tank

Why is my fresh water tank filling up and coming out the overflow tube when I have the fresh water switch in the City position?

Originally posted by Cabers View Post
    Why is my fresh water tank filling up and coming out the overflow tube when I have the fresh water switch in the City position?
    Welcome to the board.

Can you let us know what water connection panel you have , Nautilus , or other. Or which model camper that you have?

Having the valves set to the right position is important. You may just need to cycle the valves back and forth. Or you may have a bad valve.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Transcend 26rl. Yes, the valve is in the correct position (city water).

Comment

The valve that controls where the water goes must have failed--I don't see any other possibility. Cate&Rob ? (Pic below is from Transcend Owner's Manual.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	transcend.JPG
Views:	643
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	7156
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Welcome to the board.

Can you let us know what water connection panel you have , Nautilus , or other. Or which model camper that you have?

Having the valves set to the right position is important. You may just need to cycle the valves back and forth. Or you may have a bad valve.

Brian
          Oops...you already basically said the same thing as I just did! Sorry, Brian...
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Agree guys the valve must be malfunctioning. My Imagine has the same setup and there is separation between the two functions. Or if this is the first time using the rig, it may be plumbed incorrectly.

Jim

Comment

What is the fix for this? I have the exact same set up as the pic above. I have been turning on my water pump to pump water out of my fresh water tank While Showering and doing dishes to keep the water from over flowing and spilling out on to the ground. I am living in my Camper for work and it is not feasible to haul it in to a repar shop.

Comment

Originally posted by cjsurette View Post
                What is the fix for this? I have the exact same set up as the pic above. I have been turning on my water pump to pump water out of my fresh water tank While Showering and doing dishes to keep the water from over flowing and spilling out on to the ground. I am living in my Camper for work and it is not feasible to haul it in to a repar shop.
                I believe what we have figured out is the valve has malfunctioned. If you are handy you can remove the valve and disassemble it. Inside you should find O-rings that may have moved out of position. You can reposition them and re-install valve. If not and unit is still under warranty contact you dealer, Grand Design , and they will help you get a replacement part.

Please keep us informed.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

While talking to an Imagine owner I mentioned your problem and she immediately said, "I had that happen, too!" The problem ended up to be the check valve in the water pump.

If you can't get your camper to the dealer, call Grand Design and get a case number established. Then ask if getting a mobile technician to look at your unit is possible. Note you may have to pay a service fee (not associated with the actual repair) for the repairman to come to your unit.

Let us know what happens!

GD's number is 574-825-9679

Comment

Originally posted by cjsurette View Post
                    Please see post #9.

Comment

Working...
                    X