Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nautilus system re-piping - hot water heater bypass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw, quick update on this. I've gone ahead and ordered the valves only (no backplate since I'll be doing a full custom install) from Anderson Brass, It'll be a few weeks unfortunately until they're able to ship but once it arrives I'll be able to get a closer look at it and start prepping for how I want to install it.

I ordered an extra main Inlet check valve since for my my unit I need one for my main fresh water and an extra for my black tank rinse in the general same location. Looking forward to this and it's small footprint.
    I'll custom make the panel once the valves arrive and I can see exactly where I want to mount everything.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstAscent View Post
      I ordered an extra main Inlet check valve since for my my unit I need one for my main fresh water and an extra for my black tank rinse in the general same location.
      FWIW . . . an inlet check valve should NOT be used on a black tank flush system. For the flush line vacuum break to work properly and maintain sanitary isolation of the black tank, the water must be allowed to flow back out the flush inlet when the flush hose is removed. This leaves an empty line from vacuum break to inlet (and vacuum break to black tank), preventing any bacteria migration through standing water, which could be the case if water were held in this line by an inlet check valve.

Rob

Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel and their kitty Gracie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2014 Ecoboost F150 with Heavy Duty Payload Package (retired)
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

FWIW . . . an inlet check valve should NOT be used on a black tank flush system. For the flush line vacuum break to work properly and maintain sanitary isolation of the black tank, the water must be allowed to flow back out the flush inlet when the flush hose is removed. This leaves an empty line from vacuum break to inlet (and vacuum break to black tank), preventing any bacteria migration through standing water, which could be the case if water were held in this line by an inlet check valve.

Rob
        thank you! I will get and use a standard inlet without a check valve! I appreciate it. Makes complete sense

Comment

Would there be that much to change when switching from the Nautilus to the Anderson? I have been thinking of doing this myself , because I am bored, and was thinking that it would just be an easy change over. Maybe I am missing something?

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS Oct.2017 build date, EMS-HW50C , Lippert Remote
          2015 Chevy 3500HD CC LB Duramax , Reese Elite 18K

Comment

Country Campers
            Hi Brian,

The plumbing system within the trailer is essentially the same whether the control panel is Nautilus, Kantleak or home built. All the inputs and outputs are the same. By the time you dissect the rats nest and begin an orderly connection of inputs and outputs, it won't matter whether the plumbing originally connected to a Nautilus or a Kantleak control panel.

Rob
            Attached Files
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel and their kitty Gracie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2014 Ecoboost F150 with Heavy Duty Payload Package (retired)
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
            X