Heaters on empty tanks question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaters on empty tanks question

s it OK to use the holding tank heaters when the tanks are empty? I have one switch for the heaters. All 3 are either on or off. One or two of my 3 tanks will be empty and it’s going down to 17 deg F tomorrow night.

It will not be a problem.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      It will not be a problem.

Brian
      I know it is probably a cost issue, but GD should put each tank heater on its own switch.
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Once the heater is turned on I believe that there is a built in thermostat that only allows the pads to come on at a certain temp, I am thinking around 40 or 50 degrees.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We have a 2022 Reflection 337RLS and our owners packet contained a manual for Facon holding tank pad program although it is not listed on the Serial Number Data Sheet for our unit. I'm nut sure the exact model but most models have the same info. The pads once the switch is turned on is thermostatically controlled at 45F to turn on, and 68F to turn off. One pad model requires 120V AC while most models state 13.5V DC for max efficiency. So, I'm not sure which model I have but something to investigate?
          One point under a FAQ: "What if no water is in the tank?" Answer: "No harm will come to the tank if there is no water in the tank. However if the tanks have been drained the ON/OFF switch should be turned OFF. If turned ON, the thermostat will continue to cycle, turning the Heater Pad off and on." Somewhat clear as mud and it did not specifically speak about this FAQ question in cold weather below freezing.

Not sure this helps, but info I recently read while learning about our new camper.

Regards,
          Mike
          Mike & Linda
          2022 Reflection 337RLS
          Ram 3500 Diesel
          Denver, CO

Comment

Originally posted by andyusna77 View Post
            We have a 2022 Reflection 337RLS and our owners packet contained a manual for Facon holding tank pad program although it is not listed on the Serial Number Data Sheet for our unit. I'm nut sure the exact model but most models have the same info. The pads once the switch is turned on is thermostatically controlled at 45F to turn on, and 68F to turn off. One pad model requires 120V AC while most models state 13.5V DC for max efficiency. So, I'm not sure which model I have but something to investigate?
            One point under a FAQ: "What if no water is in the tank?" Answer: "No harm will come to the tank if there is no water in the tank. However if the tanks have been drained the ON/OFF switch should be turned OFF. If turned ON, the thermostat will continue to cycle, turning the Heater Pad off and on." Somewhat clear as mud and it did not specifically speak about this FAQ question in cold weather below freezing.

Not sure this helps, but info I recently read while learning about our new camper.

Regards,
            Mike
            Mike,
            I doubt GD is installing 120vAC heater pads. At least, I sure hope not. I'd venture an educated guess that all the pads they are installing are powered by 12vDC.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X