Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh Water Tank Sanitize or just Freshen Up Needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Water Tank Sanitize or just Freshen Up Needed?

My fresh water tastes like hose water it is not foul, so do I need to sanitize or is there a simpler method to just freshen it up? I believe it is the holding tank because I am using my hose from my old TT and I didn't have any issue with it.
    Jim Butchko

JB9321 Jim, did you sanitize the tank? Might want to try pushing the sanitizer through your hose to sanitize it in case water sat in the hose and caused the taste. How old is the unit? Do you know the water source (I.E. filling up at you home)? Are there any other hoses in the system, regardless of length? Also, depending on the age of the hose it may be time to replace it, is it one of the "camper" hoses or just a hose that you have been using that did not have smell or taste?
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      JB9321 Jim, did you sanitize the tank? Might want to try pushing the sanitizer through your hose to sanitize it in case water sat in the hose and caused the taste. How old is the unit? Do you know the water source (I.E. filling up at you home)? Are there any other hoses in the system, regardless of length? Also, depending on the age of the hose it may be time to replace it, is it one of the "camper" hoses or just a hose that you have been using that did not have smell or taste?
      Jlawles2 It's a 2019 that I just purchased from a dealer in Sept. The tank had water in it when I bought it, silly me didn't think that who ever filled it may have used a regular garden hose causing the hose flavored water! I have dumped the tank so I will refill and flush it again to see if that does the trick. Thanks for the input!
      Last edited by JB9321; 01-10-2022, 05:52 PM.
      Jim Butchko

Comment

Originally posted by JB9321 View Post

Jlawles2 It's a 2019 that I just purchased from a dealer in Sept. The tank had water in it when I bought it, silly me didn't think that who ever filled it may have used a regular garden hose causing the hose flavored water! I have dumped the tank so I will refill and flush it again to see if that does the trick. Thanks for the input!
        Having water in it when you bought it could be from the dealer checking the systems, hopefully not from the original owner, yuk. I would sanitize the whole system and start fresh, that way you know where you are at.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers I agree totally and will sanitize, don't know why I didn't do that to begin with it's really a no brainer! Thanks for re-calibrating me!
          Jim Butchko

Comment

Working...
          X