Black water anti siphon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black water anti siphon

We are having water drip from the black water valve under the bathroom vanity. Causing damage to the paper wrapped saw dust woodwork. Any knowledge of why this is happening would greatly be appreciated.
    TIA

Our setup consists of a 2021 Ford F250 and 2022 Reflection 295RL

pudgywhompa

​​​​​​Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

In the attached installation instructions for the black tank flush system, you will see that a small amount of leakage from the vacuum break valve is "normal" and leakage can also be caused by low water pressure.

It is possible that you have a valve that is not functioning correctly, but another common cause of what you describe, is leaving a hose connected to the black tank flush port. This hose is supposed to be removed after flushing so that the vacuum break can perform its function and allow water in the line to drain away from the vacuum break valve and into the tank or out the fill port. Leaving a hose attached and just turning off the faucet creates a very low pressure fill situation as the water in the hose expands with temperature and this will spill out through the vacuum break valve.

Rob
    Attached Files
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

pudgywhompa Welcome to the family and the forum!
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Rob,
        Thanks for the reply.
        I will look at the "Welcome post" thread.
        You answered the question. I made a "Y" to keep a hose connected to the black tank flush. I have disconnected it. I don't recall in the Nautilus section or the owner's manual about not leaving a hose connected. I will definitely look closer.
        I am leaving the "Y", but disconnecting when finished flushing. 🙂

Again Thanks for your help!

Comment

pudgywhompa I too have a Y as you described. I installed a shutoff at both ends of the flush hose. My Y is outside of the trailer; I use a four foot section of drinking water hose for my city supply, and an old washing machine braided hose I had laying around for the flusher. When not flushing, the braided hose is rolled up into the nautilus compartment, but not disconnected--with the shut off closed. No issues with any leaking or weeping. The flusher inlet port is not easily replaced; I prefer not to handle the connection there any more than is necessary. My setup works well for me, have been doing it this way for years, and on multiple RVs.

Dave
          Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
          2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
          2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
          2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
          Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

You guys are making this way to complicated with Y connectors and valves. Just have one hose with a female quick connect on the end. Put a male quick connect fitting on both the water system feed and the black tank flush. Connect the hose to one or the other (it can never be connected to both) Simple and fail-safe.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
            X