New style porcelain toilet in 337rls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New style porcelain toilet in 337rls

While viewing a new 337RLS (built Jan 2022) I noticed a new style porcelain toilet. I believe the new style would solve a major complaint Ibhad with the previous design. The bowl is noticeably deeper than before and the rinse nozzles are just below the rim and circle the entire bowl. This makes for a more consistant stream of water around the entire bowl. The depth would solve a longstanding complaint of splashing while standing up. Sorry, I tried to think of the politest way to say that.
    Does anyone have any info on this new design ? My wife says that I am really interesind in the new model. 😁
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

With the supply chain disruption the toilet model could be anything. I am guessing it was a Dometic toilet but could be wrong. You might have to stop by the dealer again and try to get a pic of the toilet, there might even be a sticker on the back side that will let you know what it is.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
      Does anyone have any info on this new design ?
      Not sure this will help, but there's a thread with related info here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...acement-toilet

Another avenue is to send an email to the Grand Design Parts Department and ask them for the OEM (not Grand Design's) part # so you can research further. Info here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...nddesignrv-com

If you find out anything, please post a follow-up.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

If it has an elongated bowl, that would be a plus.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

We looked at the trailer again and my wife was able to get a picture of the label on the back of the toilet. It is a Donetic model 310. We also got a pic of the one in our 337 and found the Thetford label. I am going to double check with my tape measure but I believe jt will be an easy swap. The almost $300 price caught ne off guard though, I keep forgetting its 2022 🤔

Comment

Mine has a Thetford 42050. has a porcelain bowl, but is not elongated. I'm not happy with how it cleans the bowl on a flush and will be shopping for something else. Seems like its an old model for my new trailer.
            Additionally, I recently removed my toilet in my one my year old trailer and the rubber seal at the base of the toilet had multiple cracks all around it, making me think it was a very old toilet stored in a warehouse for years.
            Last edited by Popga; 04-27-2022, 09:43 PM.
            Erik & Tea
            2021 Reflection 297RSTS
            2005 Ford Excursion 6L diesel
            ProPride hitch

Comment

I wish I could post about my new and improved commode in my trailer but the over $4 gallon gas coming home and inflation has put a dent in the fun budget and no new commode mods are slated for the remainder of this year.

Comment

Working...
              X