No announcement yet.

Hot supply leaking at connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I replaced the washers in the original fittings but the leaks appear to be at the soft hose connect. Should I cut where the PEX fitting was completely off? Also, could I put a short braided supply line on the bathroom faucet? I currently doesn't have one, just the fitting directly to it.
    Bill & Cindy
    2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
    SE Texas

Comment

Originally posted by BillinTexas View Post
      Ok, I replaced the washers in the original fittings but the leaks appear to be at the soft hose connect. Should I cut where the PEX fitting was completely off? Also, could I put a short braided supply line on the bathroom faucet? I currently doesn't have one, just the fitting directly to it.
      You can use a braided supply line if you want, there should not really be a need until you replace the line with PEX and lose the flexibility the soft hose gives you. To get you by you should be able to cut the clamp and soft hose off of the PEX fitting, use a barb fitting to convert from the fresh cut in the soft hose to thread. Once you have a good connection to a set of 1/2" threads you could connect a braided supply line to the faucet, adapt to PEX and use a threaded connector, or whatever else you can find at the store (I know you have a trip staring you down). Worst case once you have a clean connection to threads you could cap it off and at least the rest of your plumbing would work with no leaks until you get back (obviously you would not be able to use that sink.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Making up the adapters shown in post #3 of this thread will allow you to make a clean cut to the soft hose and attach this to a barbed fitting designed for braided hose.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          Making up the adapters shown in post #3 of this thread will allow you to make a clean cut to the soft hose and attach this to a barbed fitting designed for braided hose.

Rob
          Thanks, ncitro and Cate&Rob I went to the local RV dealer and bought new fittings and they did the trick. I will have to buy the crimp clamp kit you recommended Rob but when I get back. I just didn't have time to put these together before we leave. I appreciate all the help and will look for the thread explaining the exact makeup of the adapter when I return.
          Bill & Cindy
          2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
          SE Texas

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220319-112312_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	79689

This a simpler alternative to repair the hose leak. A hose barb to swivel fitting. There is also a straight version. Use it with a screw clamp.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I just got six of these and they are 1/2" ID and are soft. Lots of links that I see are too hard plastic washers not rubber..
              https://www.supplyhouse.com/sh/contr...id=43721-VIEGA
              Last edited by johndeerefarmer; 05-04-2022, 01:58 PM.
              Donald AKA johndeerefarmer

2016 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

2017 F150
              2020 F350 6.7 PSD

Comment

Thanks. interestingly enough it does not leak when using the pump. Probably a water pressure issue. Need to check my pressure regulator.
                2019 Solitude 310 GK
                2018 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by SD McCart View Post
                  Thanks. interestingly enough it does not leak when using the pump. Probably a water pressure issue. Need to check my pressure regulator.
                  As usual I'll defer to my fellow moderator Cate&Rob if he has a different thought on this, but I suspect that connection needs fixing, period. It may not leak with the pump now, but if it leaks under (almost) any conditions there's an issue.
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
                    Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20220319-112312_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	79689

This a simpler alternative to repair the hose leak. A hose barb to swivel fitting. There is also a straight version. Use it with a screw clamp.
                    When I did the repair, I used these fittings that I bought at a local RV dealer. I used the angled one at the bathroom and the straight in the kitchen. They haven't leaked after 2 trips so I have left well enough alone. I have Govee leak detectors directly under the fittings so will know if they leak.
                    Bill & Cindy
                    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                    SE Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Those are the much discussed "soft hose" lines crimped to Pex fittings . . . the leak is most likely between the hose and the fitting. If this is the case, the best remedy is to make up an "adapter piece" to get the right barbed hose fitting into the hose and Pex pipe on to the Pex fitting.

Rob
                      Mine leaked today and I could not believe that GD would think that the too-small barb going into the larger flex tubing is an OK thing to do. I’ve got a temporary fix but will fix as you’ve shown when I can get parts. Thanks!
                      2022 Imagine XLS 17MKE
                      2016 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7L

Comment

Working...
                      X