2019 transcend toilet clogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Glad that you got this fixed. Sorry that your dealer was not helpful. If you would have any pictures that shows the problem and the remedy that would be great to share and help others.

Brian
    I believe I am having this same problem! What were the steps to fixing this? How do you see if the flange is at the bottom of the tank?

Comment

Originally posted by VICKI_505 View Post
      We fixed the problem ourselves. Yes the flange went to the bottom of the tank, therefore not allowing anything other than liquid enter the tank. Our Dealer is a nightmare to work with, it was easier to fix ourselves. thank you for getting back to me!

I believe I am having this same problem! What were the steps to fixing this? How do you see if the flange is at the bottom of the tank?

Comment

Originally posted by t_wiles View Post
        Unfortunately VICKI_505 hasn't been back since March. That's not unusual on this forum--once a problem is resolved only those who enjoy conversing about technical issues tend to hang out on the forum. Most go on with other priorities--like camping!

Cate&Rob -- any speculation on what Vicki did to fix the issue? I suspect the pipe from the toilet went too far down into the tank so they had to shorten it?

t_wiles -- if you'll look back through this thread there are a few recommendations on tools that can help you isolate the issue. (I think it's a camera...didn't look at TucsonJim 's link.)

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome to the forum!! We're sorry that it took a problem for you to join us, but you have came to the right place and hope you will continue to contribute.
          As was pointed out earlier, the only way to find out for sure without pulling the toilet would be to use a camera to see from inside the pipe. Not knowing the design of your particular model, this may be a brain storm or brain fart, but I have great access to the front gray and black tanks. I removed the 45 where my vent pipe goes in and added a Y connector and I can get directly into my black tank if there is a problem or I can get a pressure wand in to clean and flush the tank.
          I am going to reference youtube vids so you can get a better idea of what VICKI_505 did.
          First search for "replace RV toilet" and that will lead you through the first step of removing the toilet. Once that is done, you can remove the screws where the flange is secured to the floor, then you can lift the pipe and see how much is into the tank. You may want also to contact customer support and provide your VIN and you can find out if your is one of the where the mothership has identified a potential error in the process. We don't know your dealer or how responsive the service department is, but on a difficulty scale of 1-10, I give it a 2 after watching a few videos on the subject, plus no cost for parts.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
            Once that is done, you can remove the screws where the flange is secured to the floor, then you can lift the pipe and see how much is into the tank.
            Is there a seal between the pipe and the black tank? I haven't had to remove mine (yet) so not sure what's involved (great description in your post, Jerry).

If there is a seal, is it a part that must be replaced each time or can it be reused?

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Is there a seal between the pipe and the black tank? I haven't had to remove mine (yet) so not sure what's involved (great description in your post, Jerry).

If there is a seal, is it a part that must be replaced each time or can it be reused?
              Hi Howard,

Pipes (liquid or vent) enter the top of the tank through rubber grommets. There is a flange within the grommet that is supposed to stop the pipe from being inserted too far, but it is quite easy to push the pipe past this stop and deeper into the tank. This grommet can be reused . . . unless it is damaged. Finding a replacement grommet is not easy . . . so take caution if disassembling.

Grommet and vent pipe from my shower grey shown in the attached picture. This pipe was pushed about an inch too far past the grommet stop. I know that my galley grey has a similar problem, but it is too had to get at so we live with reduced available volume (for now).

Rob

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1918.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.4 KB ID:	32540
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks Rob.
                I can't believe that I missed it when I was surfing this morning before bedtime.
                Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                Nash County, NC
                2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
                  Welcome to the forum!! We're sorry that it took a problem for you to join us, but you have came to the right place and hope you will continue to contribute.
                  As was pointed out earlier, the only way to find out for sure without pulling the toilet would be to use a camera to see from inside the pipe. Not knowing the design of your particular model, this may be a brain storm or brain fart, but I have great access to the front gray and black tanks. I removed the 45 where my vent pipe goes in and added a Y connector and I can get directly into my black tank if there is a problem or I can get a pressure wand in to clean and flush the tank.
                  I am going to reference youtube vids so you can get a better idea of what VICKI_505 did.
                  First search for "replace RV toilet" and that will lead you through the first step of removing the toilet. Once that is done, you can remove the screws where the flange is secured to the floor, then you can lift the pipe and see how much is into the tank. You may want also to contact customer support and provide your VIN and you can find out if your is one of the where the mothership has identified a potential error in the process. We don't know your dealer or how responsive the service department is, but on a difficulty scale of 1-10, I give it a 2 after watching a few videos on the subject, plus no cost for parts.
                  do you have the youtube videos? Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by t_wiles View Post

do you have the youtube videos? Thanks for the help!
                    Here is one of the hundreds... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTdXswyMrXE
                    @ 2:08, you remove the six phillips heads screws and just make sure that the flange is just loose. Then go back to the black tank where the pipe drops in and mark the pipe at the top of the grommet and then you can lift the pipe straight up to clear the tank. Then you will be able to measure how far down the outlet of the pipe is sitting. You may want to add some type of lubricant around the pipe at the grommet. There isn't really a preferred lubricant other than a petroleum based product. when you start the reassembly, once you have the pipe started in the grommet, go back upstairs and gently guide the flange back into place lining up the screw holes.

Last edited by howson; 10-27-2020, 11:54 AM. Reason: Embedded video in post
                    Nash County, NC
                    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I've actually taken to using cold water initially for the flushing nozzles in the tank and then once the majority of the tank is drained switching over to hot water to help get the final part of the tank flush performed - just seems like hot water water does a better job of making sure the black tanks gets properly flushed so the boiling water idea makes sense to me to clear a clogged toilet.
                      Chris
                      2019 Solitude 3740BH
                      2019 Chevy 3500HD Duramax SRW

Comment

Working...
                      X