Fresh water tank fill 2600RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Many years ago, I figured out that dumping the fresh water tank on to the top of the axle and having the water go in all directions . . . was a really inconvenient idea. So, I plumbed it to the side of the trailer where I can connect it to a drain hose. I even extended the pull cable. I had to use special "PVC to ABS" glue for the connection to the ABS drain extension plumbing, but other than that this was an easy mod. Has been working as designed . . . for years.

Rob
    Good morning Rob
    I may have asked this before, but where did you get that pipe holding stand off clamp assembly? I need something similar. but for a bigger pipe
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Good morning Rob
      I may have asked this before, but where did you get that pipe holding stand off clamp assembly? I need something similar. but for a bigger pipe
      Hi Keith,

Have a read through the thread that Howard linked in an earlier post. More details on the components there. The pipe stand-off clamp was found at Home Depot or Lowe's .

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Hi Keith,

Have a read through the thread that Howard linked in an earlier post. More details on the components there. The pipe stand-off clamp was found at Home Depot or Lowe's .

Rob
        Thanks Ill look the next time I am there.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

No rush, but next time you're at the camper can you snap a pic of this setup, Jim? I was unaware the Imagine line used a different dump configuration.
          Howard,

Finally got the pic for you. No risk of collapsing the tank with this dump valve but it takes a LONG time to drain when sanitizing which I will be doing tomorrow. Maybe I'll try one or two of those IPAs that Tucson mentions once and awhile. Maybe I need to slow the flow even more. Hmmmm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fresh Tank Drain.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	81269

Comment

I like the small dump, kinda relaxing to sit on the porch and listen to the trickle of water on the driveway.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

No rush, but next time you're at the camper can you snap a pic of this setup, Jim? I was unaware the Imagine line used a different dump configuration.
              Here's the part on mine:
              https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...ts/detail/1286
              Mike
              2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

mpking -- really makes me wonder sometimes. I don't understand that configuration on your and Guest 's rig when it comes to dumping fresh water. My 315's water comes out through a 1.5" (maybe 3"?) valve pointing straight down and that tank empties RIGHT NOW.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Since this thread is on the Fresh Water Tank Fill on the 2600RB, I'll post a pic of todays project. A locking Cap assembly.

I'll start another thread for future work to integrate the shrouded vent in this cap to the overflow tube under the rig and prior to the shut off valve I installed there. This will allow venting for expansion or contraction while traveling with the overflow valve closed and in case I forget to open the valve once we are camping. The whole idea is to come up with a safe way to prevent loosing water due to sloshing while traveling and being certain venting to the tank is accomplished for all cases.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Locking Fresh Water Fill.jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.0 KB ID:	81366

Jim

Comment

Here is my fresh water dump valve.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fresh water dump.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	81368
                    Mike and (RIP Karen)
                    2021 2600RB
                    2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

I have the exact same drain valve. Currently there's no way to drain a sanitized fresh water tank to an RV park sewer system. The RV park frowns greatly upon dumping 110 gallons of water on the ground. Any suggestions or directions to solution would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboybob56 View Post
                        I have the exact same drain valve. Currently there's no way to drain a sanitized fresh water tank to an RV park sewer system. The RV park frowns greatly upon dumping 110 gallons of water on the ground. Any suggestions or directions to solution would be appreciated.
                        Connect one of your gray tanks to the sewer and open the dump valve. Set the water panel to dry camping. Turn on the pump and open a cold water faucet. It will pump water from the tank, into the sink, into the gray tank, and into the sewer.

When the pump won't pick up any more water out of the tank, then open the fresh tank dump valve and drain the last few gallons of water on the ground.

Jim
                        Jim and Ginnie
                        2024 Solitude 310GK
                        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

In addition to what Jim states, you can open all the fresh water faucets in the unit to ensure the pump is pushing as much water as possible through the lines. If you have a unit with a remote sink or second sewer hose connection you may not want to use that area for pumping the water through unless you have a Wye tying the two together to the park dump.

Just ensure that all the grey water valves are open to allow the water to exit the unit.

One thing I have done at the house is to barely crack the valve letting ti drain over a few days vs the massive exodus of water.
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

If you have a fresh clean sewer hose hold that up to the fresh tank drain and pull the handle sending the water to the campground sewer system, this would be faster and easier than running the pump for a few hours.

Brian
                            Brian & Michelle
                            2018 Reflection 29RS
                            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                              If you have a fresh clean sewer hose hold that up to the fresh tank drain and pull the handle sending the water to the campground sewer system, this would be faster and easier than running the pump for a few hours.

Brian
                              Speak for yourself Mr. Brian. Us old guys try to avoid crawling under if at all possible...
                              Jim and Ginnie
                              2024 Solitude 310GK
                              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboybob56 View Post
                                See post 8 and 10 in this thread. As Rob mentioned, we've had these mods installed for years and it works great. I just used mine on the last trip to dump a full fresh water tank. I held the "dirty" sewer hose just below the drain (similar suggestion to what Brian wrote in post 28). Had the entire tank dumped in minutes.

Howard
                                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                                X