Replacement Water Filter Cartridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Water Filter Cartridge

What is everyone using for a replacement filter cartridge in the factory installed water filter?
    Scott & Mikaela
    2022 375 RES
    2020 F-350 DRW

Originally posted by Sandridge4 View Post
    What is everyone using for a replacement filter cartridge in the factory installed water filter?
    My 315RLTS doesn't have an OEM filter, so what are your options? (I'm assuming based on the question there's multiple choices.)
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      Attached Files
      2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel
      2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Thanks!! There are many options with a significant price difference between the options.
        Scott & Mikaela
        2022 375 RES
        2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

My 315RLTS doesn't have an OEM filter, so what are your options? (I'm assuming based on the question there's multiple choices.)
          Right now I’m still using the one supplied when we got our unit last week. Just planning ahead, we use our unit frequently and am planning on changing monthly or every other month. The options on Amazon seem endless, was looking for something similar to the OEM filter or slightly better since my frequency of changing will be much more than recommended. I am struggling to find the exact OEM cartridge.
          Scott & Mikaela
          2022 375 RES
          2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Sandridge4 -- is that a Camco housing or a different brand? I could not find an entry on the Grand Design parts lookup website.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Filter Housing.JPG
Views:	1345
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	81471
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson i am not sure of the brand, I will be taking it apart tomorrow to look closer at all of it. When they were installing the filter during our inspection there was a small piece of paper in the cartridge wrapper that I grabbed that had some information on it, unfortunately I put that paper in a very, very safe place….. I’m hoping to find some markings or number on the cartridge or housing tomorrow because I’m afraid I will never remember that safe place that has the paper.
              Scott & Mikaela
              2022 375 RES
              2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Sandridge4 Did you stick the paper from the filter in with all of the GD paperwork? I know I stuffed something down in that black zipper bag and found it after going through it 10X while looking for something completely different.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2 i looked in there but no luck!!
                  Scott & Mikaela
                  2022 375 RES
                  2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

I believe the brand is a flow-pur and that is what filters we buy. I think they are .5 micron carbon block filter.

Comment

Sandridge4 just replaced mine with this: https://www.amazon.com/Watts-MAXVOC-...15AHWIJI&psc=1. shop around as the prices vary among sellers. If you use an inline hose filter also, these will last longer than you state. I change the camco (blue, from walmart) hose filter about every other month, and the house filter annually, or whenever I decide to sanitize the tank. ( I remove the cartridge, add some bleach to the filter housing, and then fill the tank). The filter from GD was not a .5 micron; it was a higher micron than that (more coarse media). This one will filter smaller particles.
                      Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
                      2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
                      2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
                      2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
                      Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

DarnDave you bring up a good point, I had not installed my inline filter since we have the whole house filter this time. Is the inline necessary if I use a .5 micron cartridge in the whole hose system?
                        Scott & Mikaela
                        2022 375 RES
                        2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Sandridge4 well I do it because the inline hose filter is easier to change, and should take the majority of contaminants prior to the onboard filter. Like a "pre filter".
                          Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
                          2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
                          2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
                          2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
                          Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Working...
                          X