No announcement yet.

310GK Leaking shower doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandons32 we were one of the first production units to get that shower system. Never an issue with water escaping the shower enclosure. The only thing I can think of to check is which way the 3 panel glass doors are mounted in the track. The furthest inset panel *should* be closest to the shower head and the least inset panel should be at the other end. This would "shield" the gaps in between of water spray. If they were mounted opposite, they would tend to catch the water and allow it to maybe pass thru.
    Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
    2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
    2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
    Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

I figured your trailer might have that style spray unit. I saw a lot of those when we were in Tampa staying at Lazy days.

My only thought on it was that if that spray unit had multi heads that it may be spraying onto an area that doesnt get any spray with a standard single head.
      2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

familytruckster4 Our Solitude has that funky multi head shower. My wife loves it but for me I'll never use those additional heads. I believe you can choose a position on the control so they all turn on at once. I would have water spraying everywhere!!
        Brandon & Krysten
        2022 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R
        2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 DRW, B&W Hitch

Comment

We looked at several Momentums while we were in Tampa and spent a bit of time lounging in them. I believe they all had that shower setup.
          It looked nice but like you said, probably not something I would use much.
          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

We just bought and road-tested the 337RLS over the last weekend. Yes, we had a moderate leak coming from the shower doors as well. It seemed that the doors were mounted in the wrong direction to me. You'd think the direction the water comes out the shower head would hit the most inside shower door on the inside edge first, then work to the outside of the shower, but they mounted the doors with the nearest door to the shower head is the furthest most door then the next is in middle door etc. This creates a gap between the doors, the shower head can easily spray between the panels. We soaked an entire bath towel in just one shower! I'd love some input on this thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sthomasTS View Post
              We just bought and road-tested the 337RLS over the last weekend. Yes, we had a moderate leak coming from the shower doors as well. It seemed that the doors were mounted in the wrong direction to me. You'd think the direction the water comes out the shower head would hit the most inside shower door on the inside edge first, then work to the outside of the shower, but they mounted the doors with the nearest door to the shower head is the furthest most door then the next is in middle door etc. This creates a gap between the doors, the shower head can easily spray between the panels. We soaked an entire bath towel in just one shower! I'd love some input on this thanks!
              Can you post a few pictures of the issue? There are multiple 337 (current and former) owners here like Andi and Rudy and TucsonJim
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

will post pics on repairs...

Comment

Originally posted by sthomasTS View Post
                  I believe ours are mounted the same way you described. We did have some leaking in the early days. Two things corrected our problem - re-caulk along the bottom edge of the shower door track, and put some silicone on the screw heads that attach the frame to the shower. No more leaks for us!
                  Andi
                  Brookings SD
                  2018 Reflection 337RLS
                  2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Working...
                  X