Water supply line leak and replacement in kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water supply line leak and replacement in kitchen

Hello all, does anyone know if the "metal flexible" water supply lines going to the kitchen sink faucet are available to be replaced or do they come with the faucet and I need to get a new faucet. My hot water line is leaking where the flexible part attaches to the metal part. It is leaking on the small end. GD, Lippert and a local plumbing store "think" the metal water line come with the faucet. Is that the case or do you know where to get a replacement waterline? If I need to replace the faucet do you have any questions for new faucets and possibly changing out the water supply lines all together. 2019 Solitude 310. Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files
    2019 Solitude 310 GK
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW

This should be an item that you can get at the local hardware store or big box store, Lowe's, Home Depot or the like. Take the hose with you and they should be able to match it, you may want to change the other one as well or get a spare.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by SD McCart View Post
      Hello all, does anyone know if the "metal flexible" water supply lines going to the kitchen sink faucet are available to be replaced or do they come with the faucet and I need to get a new faucet. My hot water line is leaking where the flexible part attaches to the metal part. It is leaking on the small end. GD, Lippert and a local plumbing store "think" the metal water line come with the faucet. Is that the case or do you know where to get a replacement waterline? If I need to replace the faucet do you have any questions for new faucets and possibly changing out the water supply lines all together. 2019 Solitude 310. Thanks for your help.
      I had a maddening time replacing the faucet since in my 315RLTS the kitchen the connection on the "RV" faucet was different from what was on the replacement faucet from a big box store. It's been a few years since I did this...the pic below is from my archives. I found the (old) thread and have copied in the text for it below, along with the picture.

I hate plumbing. Chasing electrons is so much easier than keeping water in a line.

So I thought the pressure problem in the kitchen was the sprayer head. I was right. I also thought I'd removed all the water restrictor devices from the sprayer head. I was wrong. This is the story of swapping out the OEM kitchen faucet with a residential model and how I got to the water pressure problem fix.

I took the sprayer head to Lowes and discovered a replacement is nearly $40. Shoot--for $100 I can get a brand new, just-what-the-wife-wants residential model. Of course I grab the bright shiny chrome version only to discover when I get home I need the brushed aluminum one. Back to Lowes.

Round two. I get the new faucet installed in the countertop and...nothing connects together. There's a 1/2"(?) plastic nut on the camper and a 3/8"(?) nut on the faucet's water lines. Houston, we have a problem. Back to Lowes.

Round three. I get shutoff valves (also something the DW wanted) with nipple adapters. Yea, this should be easy! Get it together and it leaks like a son-of-a-gun. I take it back apart and then notice the threaded nipple provided with the shutoff valve has tapered threads on one side and straight threads on the other. Naturally, both the faucet and the water lines need tapered threads. Off to the local plumbing supply store.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Faucet Replacement 1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	164.7 KB ID:	81943

I get two tapered threaded nipples (one for hot and one for cold) and get it all put together. Of course I didn't get two tapered-threaded nuts to make it easy to seat the nipple in the stainless steel shutoff valve. Why would I want to make it easy? Eventually I got the connections tight enough to stop it from slowly leaking.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

SD McCart You may need to remove the end connection on the incoming water line to make it work. The small male end is probably the easiest one to find, but may not be at a box store, you may need to find an ACE or DoItBest.

It's the late end that I think is going to be the hard one to find. https://www.amazon.com/Bathadore-Con...8LSGMNQS&psc=1
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. I agree with Howson, I hate plumbing and water leaks, or better yet finding and fixing them.
          2019 Solitude 310 GK
          2018 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

Working...
          X