Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combining two sewer outlets into one, 2021 Transcend 261BH

Hello everyone,

I'd love to combine the kitchen gray tank drain into the main drain for the bathroom gray and black tanks. I've read of people doing that, and I've seen a video or two, but not for this specific trailer. My biggest concern is that there's not a lot of fall (1/8" per foot), unless I try to make the connection above the underbelly. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,
    Grant

Originally posted by phi413 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'd love to combine the kitchen gray tank drain into the main drain for the bathroom gray and black tanks. I've read of people doing that, and I've seen a video or two, but not for this specific trailer. My biggest concern is that there's not a lot of fall (1/8" per foot), unless I try to make the connection above the underbelly. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,
    Grant
    Only post I can find on this forum is acoleman43 's on his 21G Momentum. His was much easier as they are side-by-side. Cate&Rob is the person I defer to on plumbing issues.

I do understand the concern about the drop (and the normal requirement which is 1/4" per foot). While it's tempting to write "it's only gray" since we're talking kitchen gray there will be lots of "stuff" that needs to get flushed out. I'd try to stick to the 1/4" drop minimum. If that's not possible, combine the two outlets outside of the trailer (every time you setup at a campground) with hoses and connections that are easy to flush and clean after use.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

There might be a pathway inboard of the left frame rail that would allow you to run the drain from the kitchen grey back to the drain connection for the other tanks. This would probably be a 1 1/2" ABS line which is easier to work with than 3". You could undo some of the underbelly fasteners along that frame rail to get a look inside to see if this is feasible. Take some pictures and post them here . . . we don't have much experience with Transcend yet .

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Only post I can find on this forum is acoleman43 's on his 21G Momentum. His was much easier as they are side-by-side. Cate&Rob is the person I defer to on plumbing issues.

I do understand the concern about the drop (and the normal requirement which is 1/4" per foot). While it's tempting to write "it's only gray" since we're talking kitchen gray there will be lots of "stuff" that needs to get flushed out. I'd try to stick to the 1/4" drop minimum. If that's not possible, combine the two outlets outside of the trailer (every time you setup at a campground) with hoses and connections that are easy to flush and clean after use.
        howson it wasn't me that combined the gray/black tank drains. It was me who was jealous and said I wanted to do that
        Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

howson it wasn't me that combined the gray/black tank drains. It was me who was jealous and said I wanted to do that
          Ah HA! So you have one of those infamous "To Do" lists too, eh? Mine seems to grow longer every day... <sigh>.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X