Water pump losing prime, continuous running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pump losing prime, continuous running

During our last trip out our water pump was not running correctly. It seems that if you run water for a short period of time, the pump will run after the valves are closed…continuously and will never reach the shutoff pressure…if you open a valve again…the pump will run and draw water…when you close the valve the pump builds pressure and shuts off.

I have removed and cleaned the filter screen, no luck. I replaced the pump, no luck. I discover some crimps that were loose and some gaskets that needed replacement, no luck.

I am completely frustrated. The only thing I can think of next is that the line going to the freshwater tank may have a leak?

who can help me with the solution? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Does it have a separate suction line and valve for pulling in antifreeze for winterization? If yes, that valve may be slightly open sucking in air.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

It has the nautilus system on it…. Could it be one of the valves leaking?

Comment

beefsgt -- could you (please) take a moment and fill out your signature line? The process is explained in the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X