No announcement yet.

Low water pressure, both hot and cold, kitchen only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2019 73FB and I am now having the same issue. The local Lowes does not carry the right adapters for any faucet they have to connect to my size male supply lines. I am going to order a new faucet as I have replaced filters m tested out supply lines, drained everything and blew air through faucet. With air it went from no flow to a little flow.

Comment

RVforwork

All Grand Design trailers are plumbed with residential 1/2” lines and fittings. If you would like assistance in finding the fittings to connect to a different residential faucet, post some pictures of the trailer plumbing and the faucet connections.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

As an FYI while we were using ours the first time a couple weeks ago, I noticed when using my 2.4 gallon per minute pressure washer I was running out of water from the 3.0GPM SeaFlo water pump. My next shower, I noticed some pulsating when the hot and cold valves were completely open like it was actually running low on pressure. This week I took the screen out on the feed side of the pump and there were some clear, black and blue shavings in the screen. Not that this is 100% your problem, but it is possible some shavings from when the unit was plumbed were in the lines and are caught in the internal screen in the faucet itself. I have a kitchen and bath business and this is common annoyance. I don't know if RV faucets are capable of being disassembled or not as I had not had to perform that task myself yet. My business buys direct (not from Lowes or Home Depot or online places) so the faucets we get for the business are all repairable. Most retail versions are typically throw aways. Anyway, go for the screen and see if it is removable, if this was already discussed I do apologize as I scanned this topic. Hope this can help you, good luck.

Oh, I noticed my connectors on my RV faucets are not the same as we use in residential.
        Current: 22" Momentum 381MS, 2020 F350 Dually 6.7 diesel, 4.10 rear 32k Reese 5th wheel hitch
        In the past: 22' Momentum 21G, 21' F150 XLT Screw 5.0 w 3.73, Andersen Hitch
        Q7 Diesel, 22" Ozark THX 1900. 11' F350 Crew, King Ranch, 8' bed, dully, 08' Weekend Warrior LED 3505 triple axle 5th wheel. 04' F250 diesel, 05' Keystone tailgater with old Reese WD hitch, no sway control

Comment

Rob I’ll try ti get a better picture but the attached is a fitting from the faucet and hose. Tried this adapter and no joy. Gregg ‘nice name’ same as mine. I tried to take faucet apart to clean and it is pressed together so no repairing if it is clogged. Thanks guys for any advice. I don’t want to replace with original seems very cheap and can’t be repaired either.

Comment

RVforwork Gregg

That looks like a 1/2” straight thread male fitting. The corresponding fitting on the Pex pipe should be a hand tightened female fitting with a soft cone washer inside. These should match most faucets you will find at Home Depot or similar.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
            X