Low water pressure, both hot and cold, kitchen only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low water pressure, both hot and cold, kitchen only

Our 2020 Solitude S2930has been gradually losing water pressure and volume as we are about at our second anniversary of full timing. Removing the nozzle from the valve has no effect. Same output from our fresh tank and park connection which is about 60 psi. No pressure reducer and no difference with hose filter in place. My thought is to turn of water input and disconnect under sink, have help from my wife to turn on pump to see whether pressure and volume are then OK. I'm thinking faucet but this would give me insight as to exact location. We will appreciate insight and suggestions.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL S-Class

steve gravelle -- sorry, I don't understand the comment Removing the nozzle from the valve has no effect.

Is water flow and pressure at every faucet low throughout the camper (regardless of source) or is it just at the kitchen faucet?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

steve gravelle -- if it's just the kitchen, another test is to remove the cold water low point drain plug (with water turned off from all sources). The low point (cold) drain is just after the cold water feed to the kitchen. As a precaution turn off the water heater, too, in case it back drains. (Shouldn't...but don't want you to lose a water heater!)

How is the hot water flow from the kitchen faucet?

How about the cold and/or hot water flow from the lavatory sink?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Reply to Howson - Because there are many posts about the nozzle/aerator clogging, I removed it from the hose and did not sense any difference in pressure or volume. The low point drains I can find are in the compartment outside with the Nautilus valve. Is there another cold drain I need to find? Very much appreciate your help!

Comment

Originally posted by steve gravelle View Post
          Reply to Howson - Because there are many posts about the nozzle/aerator clogging, I removed it from the hose and did not sense any difference in pressure or volume. The low point drains I can find are in the compartment outside with the Nautilus valve. Is there another cold drain I need to find? Very much appreciate your help!
          So to be clear...the only pressure problem is at the kitchen faucet?

Comment

That's correct, kitchen only. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by steve gravelle View Post
              That's correct, kitchen only. Thanks.
              Highly likely it's the faucet, Steve. Surely the DW wants a shiny new one from the big box store? FYI the kitchen faucet is the first outlet after the Nautilus panel--at least according to a diagram I can access.

Just in case...

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...y-2019-315rlts

and

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ent-in-kitchen

Comment

Thanks again. I found those postings too, but our faucet is a little different, probably different supplier.

Comment

I ran into the same problem on my 2022 315RLTS. My faucet has an extendable spray head. When it is not extended I have very little pressure. When I pull it out it works fine. What I realized is when the stray nozzle is retracted the weight that is attached to the hose causes a kink and restricts water flow.

Comment

I will check that out. Thanks!

Comment

Further update. Disconnected hoses in cabinet under sink. Set our water to come from fresh water tank. With my wife's help, we turned pump on and had decent volume from hoses. So it is the faucet, thinking about using air compressor to clear faucet lines. Any insight or suggestions will be appreciated. For some reason, working somewhat better now. Thanks.

Comment

Before using compressed air to blow out the faucet line, I assume you are planning on removing the spray head/nozzle from the discharge end of the line. Otherwise, you may just be pushing any debris tighter to the screen in the spray head. Once you get the spray head off, you could just use water to flush the line instead of compressed air which is likely to make a whether large mess (personal experience). If the water pressure isn't enough to clear any blockage, then I would just get a new faucet instead of trying to ramp up with compressed air.

Of course, once you have the spray head off, I'm sure you'll disassemble it and remove any debris, or just get a new spray head.
                        John
                        2018 Momentum 395M
                        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

I'm having the same problem with the Kitchen. Tried all the steps I could find (except replacing the Kitchen Faucet) but no luck .
                          Will the supply lines fit a residential faucet without any adapters? I haven't found any instructions on how to replace the faucet yet.
                          Greg and Vicki with dog Blu
                          2020 Imagine 2450RL

Comment

Originally posted by Gregmisc View Post
                            I'm having the same problem with the Kitchen. Tried all the steps I could find (except replacing the Kitchen Faucet) but no luck .
                            Will the supply lines fit a residential faucet without any adapters? I haven't found any instructions on how to replace the faucet yet.
                            I disconnected the supply lines to the kitchen faucet and had plenty of water. Went to Home Depot and got a new faucet and adapters. Took me 2 hours to replace the faucet and everything is working fine.
                            Greg and Vicki with dog Blu
                            2020 Imagine 2450RL

Comment

Originally posted by Gregmisc View Post

I disconnected the supply lines to the kitchen faucet and had plenty of water. Went to Home Depot and got a new faucet and adapters. Took me 2 hours to replace the faucet and everything is working fine.
                              What kind of connectors did you have to use? We are having the same problem with our kitchen faucet

Laurel & John
                              2019 Reflection 273MK
                              2023 GD Imagine XLS 23LDE

Comment

Working...
                              X