Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BirdieGirl
    replied
    PLEASE forgive my delay in responding here….I was ill with Covid-19, then bronchitis.
    I can’t thank you all enough for your help. I was able to buy the parts, and a handyman helped me fix the leak!!! The RV repair shop wanted $180 to even look at it, but it cost me around $30 including the guy who came and clamped the tubing for me.
    THANK YOU!!!

Leave a comment:

• Yoda
    replied
    Originally posted by BirdieGirl View Post
    Ok. Back home and took off panel as directed. Here’s what I see - the white pipe does not get caught by the threaded black piece? Is it missing a connector piece? Thank you in advance for your help.

Click image for larger version Name:	104CEA62-4CA4-4E80-9917-89FC66985D06.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	86008
    Both Home Depot and Lowes, along with Ace or any other hardware store carry the fitting that Rob Cate&Rob posted. At HD it in the brass fittings blister pack section. However I would recommend a soft pex hose worm clamp. They have an inner band that prevent the worm gear from cutting the hose

Examples of the type where the worm openings do not contact the hose.
    https://www.amazon.com/Scandvik-0813...a-737740269968
    https://www.westmarine.com/aba-of-am...3_002_002.html

Leave a comment:

• Jlawles2
    replied
    BirdieGirl As mentioned by Ted, the nylon braided hose actually is using the wrong connection and should be a barbed vs a PEX. Barbed connections are simple and use a worm clamp or a crimp ring to hold them in place. With the work you have done this far, a worm clamp is definitely in your skill set.

Example available at most hardware stores and auto parts stores. https://www.amazon.com/WINL-Stainles...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Leave a comment:

• TedS
    replied
    Replace the elbow with a hose barb swivel, not a pex swivel.

Leave a comment:

• Cate&Rob
    replied
    Originally posted by BirdieGirl View Post
    Thank you. I think I’ve reached my limit on this….I cannot use the water at all because of this, so I think I’ll take it to the shop.
    With the service backlog at most RV dealerships, you might try a local mobile RV repair person to replace this fitting. It should only take them a few minutes.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• BirdieGirl
    replied
    Thank you. I think I’ve reached my limit on this….I cannot use the water at all because of this, so I think I’ll take it to the shop.

Leave a comment:

• Cate&Rob
    replied
    Putting this fitting back together is going to be difficult. It looks like the metal ring fits into the groove in the white part to keep it within the outer black part. Getting this ring back into the groove and keeping it there will not likely work out well since the groove in the white part looks damaged. The best solution would be a new elbow fitting. You would need to remove the PEX clamp from the hose, remove the old fitting, insert the new fitting and clamp it with a new PEX ring (this requires special pliers).

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	ef58ac76-3805-4f93-8da6-a4932e0501c7.jpeg
Views:	396
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	87014

Leave a comment:

• BirdieGirl
    replied
    Hi again. The rubber seal had been smashed down. I got a new one. Here are the parts. If I’m understanding you correctly, the white seal goes inside the black piece then over the pipe? Which direction does it go? Does the metal washer go in before or after the rubber seal? The pipe is not too short. Thank you in advance.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	A21333E7-6937-49BC-8BFD-9521BCE59828.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	159.9 KB ID:	87011 Click image for larger version  Name:	83605E7A-E6F8-4EC8-BB65-0329C153FB1C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	65.4 KB ID:	87010

Leave a comment:

• Cate&Rob
    replied
    The white inner part and the black outer part are supposed to be one fitting. They are usually pushed apart as shown in the picture by freezing water inside the connection. This fitting will need to be replaced. The connection in the background of the picture is a straight version of what this elbow fitting is supposed to look like.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• ncitro
    replied
    BirdieGirl I'd bet the hose is too short. They tried to use the threads on the connector to pull it together, as you bounced down the road the strain on it caused it to pull loose. If I'm right you may need to splice in a piece of pipe (I'd use PEX) between the elbow and the panel.

Leave a comment:

• BirdieGirl
    replied
    Thank you. I’ll give that a try and let you know tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• Country Campers
    replied
    BirdieGirl

Yes the white elbow should be inserted to the black screw on fitting to the right. Unscrew the black part and try to push it back on to the white elbow, there also should be a cone washer inside the black nut that slips over the end of the white elbow. The fitting may have been tightened too much and pulled over the ridge on the elbow. It may be damaged and need replaced but I can not tell that from the picture. If it needs replaced get a whole new fitting.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• TedS
    replied
    Should the white piece be inserted into the black fitting to the right?

Leave a comment:

• BirdieGirl
    replied
    Ok. Back home and took off panel as directed. Here’s what I see - the white pipe does not get caught by the threaded black piece? Is it missing a connector piece? Thank you in advance for your help.

Click image for larger version  Name:	104CEA62-4CA4-4E80-9917-89FC66985D06.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	86008
    Last edited by BirdieGirl; 05-24-2022, 03:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cate&Rob
    replied
    There are MANY locations for a plumbing leak that will end up with water in the underbelly. Where the water is collecting can not tell us much about where it is coming from. You are going to have to open up access panels to look for the source of the water.

Rob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X