shower door latch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shower door latch

Just got our 303 and noted it has the standard rubber double o ring type latch. Hard for arthritic hands. during our search we came across a metal latch that had a 3/4 circle on the big end and to close you just flipped it to the opposite handle. to open you just flipped it up and did not have to fight the rubber ring. looked great, but I cannot find it does anyone know what i am describing???

Early year GDRVs with the corner shower came with a stretch rubber band type product. It does not get much easier than this to use. Ours works very well and still ticking after 6 seasons. Maybe this would be an option to consider as well. Here is a picture with the bland stretch band hanging on the door knob to the right:

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by BGG View Post
      Just got our 303 and noted it has the standard rubber double o ring type latch. Hard for arthritic hands. during our search we came across a metal latch that had a 3/4 circle on the big end and to close you just flipped it to the opposite handle. to open you just flipped it up and did not have to fight the rubber ring. looked great, but I cannot find it does anyone know what i am describing???
      Yes, our shower doors are held open by the hook-latch I believe you're describing. We have a 2018 Solitude 310GK, and I'll guess that if you go to Grand Design's web site and search in the parts section there you'll find it.

I *believe* (not sure) it needs a hole in the glass door to attach the pin on which it pivots. You could call Customer Support and ask about that.
      Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Our 2017 297RSTS Reflection came with a swinging latch that is easy for arthritic hands. Check out the photo below which includes the part number. Note: In the photo, the latch is upside down.

Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          Our 2017 297RSTS Reflection came with a swinging latch that is easy for arthritic hands. Check out the photo below which includes the part number. Note: In the photo, the latch is upside down.
          I like this Jim. I wonder if it would work on the curved shower surround like I have and the OP is addressing?

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I'll take a picture of the complete assembly tomorrow so you can get a look at it.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks all very helpful

Comment

Working...
              X