No announcement yet.

drips from ??? under bathroom sink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The flusher nozzle is in a hazard waste environment. Plumbing code requires the break, the separation. If you neglect the flushing process while running the flush water, you will fill the black tank to a level above the spray nozzle making for a potential suck back of effluent if the water source fails at that time. The nozzle almost always will have some contamination in it.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Note in the info linked by TedS in post #4, the vacuum break requires at least 8 psi to close the valve. Thus, slowly pressurizing the flush system may lead to a greater water leak. Some who leave a hose connected to the black tank flush (never a good idea for a lot of different reasons) have experienced a greater vacuum break "leak" caused by solar heating of the outside hose creating a very low pressure water volume increase that comes out the vacuum break valve since this is not enough pressure to close the valve.

Rob
      Agreed to all and I got that Flusher File in my Kit.
      I like to open mine slowly instead of slamming the ball valve open at the park source, even with an in-line pressure reg. I exaggerated the "minute" wait time. More like a few seconds from crack to full open so as to help get a smooth flow and no big "shocks" from trapped air pockets in the hose. Most of the time the VB's drip free. What I think the noise was is the tank "flexing" after pressure drop from stepping on the gas pedal. No leaks, no smells, seems ok. +1 on leaving the hose hooked up to the BT flusher...don't do it.

-pv.
      '20 Baby Grand 230RL
      '93 Ford F350, 4WD, Crew, long box, 7.5L, SRW
      Demco High Jacker 6076P-16k
      Demco custom rails 8552005-71

Comment

I guess I just cheated and put a valve on the flush inlet. I open and close the valve to control water flow. never really worry about back flow since I close the valve.

I do know and understand the potential for contamination by siphoning, hence the valve.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X