Sewer hose tube end cap replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewer hose tube end cap replacement

I have a broken end cap to the sewer hose holder that I am trying to replace. I have taken the 2 screws that hold it to the trailer off, but I can't remove the endcap from the tube itself. I have tried prying and hammering.
    I have read in some places it may also be glued on. Has anyone had any success getting it off? Heat gun?

Any advice?
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 381m
    2020 Ram 3500 8ft

I've never taken mine off, but I've broken the cover a few times. Usually I buy a new end cap, take off the cover (it pulls off and tips out) and snap it into the one on the tube. Then I toss the broken door and new end cap.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
      I've never taken mine off, but I've broken the cover a few times. Usually I buy a new end cap, take off the cover (it pulls off and tips out) and snap it into the one on the tube. Then I toss the broken door and new end cap.
      The problem with mine is that it wasn't the cap that broke but one of the holes that hold the caps hinges.
      2021 Grand Design Momentum 381m
      2020 Ram 3500 8ft

Comment

Originally posted by timelinex View Post

The problem with mine is that it wasn't the cap that broke but one of the holes that hold the caps hinges.
        Gotcha. If the cap is glued on you might need to replace the tube, if you've got enough length in it you could maybe cut it and shorten it.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

If you are creative with a dremmel and sand paper wheel, you can sand the old cap off. This does make a huge mess. Option is to cut and couple the tube.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Is this what you need?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220526-204844_Chrome.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	86183