378mbs-r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 378mbs-r

One would think with all the money spent on a fifth wheel, it wouldn’t have as many problems we are having. This is the second day of our second trip and now notice that shower (350379) is leaking hot water out of the bottom drip hole when the shower is turned off. I am losing my mind with this brand new camper. Thoughts? Anyone know how to remove the shower fixture? I see two screws at the bottom.

Originally posted by Michael Berens View Post
    One would think with all the money spent on a fifth wheel, it wouldn’t have as many problems we are having. This is the second day of our second trip and now notice that shower (350379) is leaking hot water out of the bottom drip hole when the shower is turned off. I am losing my mind with this brand new camper. Thoughts? Anyone know how to remove the shower fixture? I see two screws at the bottom.
    Michael -- check out this thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...stant-dripping

It's a little long and may take a few reads to digest everything, but hopefully something in it will help. familytruckster4 -- maybe you can help? I saw you were a poster in the other thread.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200802_104659_2292.jpeg
Views:	194
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	86405 From looking at the pictures on the GD website it appears to have a style of shower control similar to mine.
      The weep hole in the bottom of the threaded hose nipple is intended to allow the water to run back out of the wand hose. Sort of a vacuum break. It will drip for longer than you think it should. Its especially noticeable if you are trying to dry the shower wall that its mounted on.
      The other issue I ran into was that water was getting behind the brushed metal cover plate over the body of the fixture. This was allowing water to get behind the fixture and into the wall. It also cause it to drip water out of the cover along with what came out of the weep hole.
      To remove the cover and inspect behind it you need to remove the handles. Each one has a small plate at the 90 degree part of the handle that is removed (with a very small screwdriver or other item) this will expose the screws that hold the handles on. Remove the screws and pull the handles straight off. The escutcheon plates should just slide off and the entire cover should come off exposing the controls. From there you can determine if theres any water getting behind it. If you want to seal that cover make sure everything is dry and clean and just apply a bead of silicone to the inner part of the cover towards the edges.
      This all assumes that your fixture is similar to mine.
      Let me know if this helps
      Scott
      Attached Files
      Last edited by familytruckster4; 05-29-2022, 09:57 AM.
      2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

After several hundred dollars for parts and tools I was able to fix the problem without having to ruin our vacation. It now has been properly installed with a shut off valve underneath, new pex piping and properly tightening the supply line. One would think from the factory that they would do more than hand tighten. At least my wife and daughter were able to enjoy the long weekend and now I don’t have to drive it 100 miles for repair.

Comment

Working...
        X