Black flush leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black flush leak

Had water on my bath and bedroom floor after doing a black tank flush thru the nautilus. After reading various posts, I have deduced it's the vacuum breaker up behind the shower faucets causing the issue. (water running down the wall behind the shower and into the floor)

I removed the breaker and ordered new from Amazon which I'll have tomorrow.

My question: After I removed the breaker, the "rattler" inside seems to move back and forth but if I apply air pressure to the inlet side with my thumb over the outlet, I can hear air escaping out the top of the breaker. I assume that's not right and potentially a bad breaker? (hence why I ordered new)

I wouldn't think I should ever have water escaping out the top of the breaker. When I pulled it right after doing a test flush to recreate my issue, it was wet under the top of the breaker.

Thanks
    Terry

Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
    2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

With no flow able to come out the outlet, the vent valve may or may not close. Water flow through would be a better test to see if water leaks past the vent valve.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
      With no flow able to come out the outlet, the vent valve may or may not close. Water flow through would be a better test to see if water leaks past the vent valve.
      Thanks. I just finished running a weed wacker plastic string down the outlet hose into the black tank to make sure there are no restrictions. I'll just install the new valve when it arrives and then once I can get to the store for all the fittings I need, I can put something together to test the old one to perhaps keep as a spare. But I have a feeling it's busticated. (technical term)
      Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
      2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
      2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

The vacuum breaker will allow a little "spurt" of water out when first charged but definitely should not allow enough to puddle on the floor. I do have some pics of one that I cut in half to show the inner workings somewhere on here.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by trkester View Post

But I have a feeling it's busticated. (technical term)
          LOL . . . I haven’t heard that term in years

Rob

Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
          X