Pluming to a campground sewage system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pluming to a campground sewage system

Hello all I am a new Grand Design owner and I have a question about my 2022 Refection 315RLTS Black water release. My campground hooked it up to the camper and when I pull open the black tank release I do not hear it draining and the tank level light shows it is not going down. There is only one pipe connected to the camper and the grey water is draining. What am I missing, does it need a separate pipe or is there something I need to connected.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dom
    D DelloRusso

Hi Dom,

Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

Typically, grey and black tanks drain through the same connection so that the drain hose can be flushed with grey water after dumping the black tank. From your description, I suspect that the black tank gate valve is stuck closed (if the pull handle won't move) or the pull cable is disconnected from the valve. I am going to tag another moderator . . . howson Howard has a 315RLTS, so may be able to provide more specifics.

Also, check out this thread where Howard describes modification he has made to his grey and black drain system . . . this may help you understand what is where.
    https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-lines-315rlts

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Others will be along with reminders to read the welcome letter and set up your signature line.

First, we are not going to trust the tank level light. They are notorious for being inaccurate.

My first thought is that the black tank gate valve was not fully closed, so liquid was draining out during use. To test this first make sure that there is nothing blocking the outlet. With the valve open pour a bucket of water down the toilet with someone on the outside. Water should flow through the tank and down the outlet hose. If not, then either the gate valve did not open or there is blockage somewhere along the line. There are several threads on how to deal with this problem.

Next close the valve and pour another bucket of water down the toilet with someone on the outside. There should be no flow down the outlet hose. If there is flow then the gate valve is not closing. Again there are several threads on this issue, but the simplest and quickest, and surest solution is to add a twist on gate valve to end of the discharge line.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

I will add that it is better to keep the gate valve closed for the black tank and use plenty of water. This is extremely important for a stationary unit such as what you have. Doing this will help keep the solids from solidifying in the tank and causing blockage of the drain and gate valve. The grey tanks are not a s important but I would keep those closed as well and drain after the black tank.

If you have not been adding enough water or the water has drained thru an improper closing valve you may already have a solid build up in your tank.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Kuhlorusso View Post
          Thanks in advance,
          Dom
          You've gotten good advice already--only small tidbit I can add is there is not too much of the underbelly that needs to be unscrewed to peak up inside and see what's going on with the valve.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X