Reflection 308BHTS - Low Pressure to bathroom sink, shower, kitchen sink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflection 308BHTS - Low Pressure to bathroom sink, shower, kitchen sink

Hello all - thanks for taking the time to read and offer suggestions!

I have a 2017 Reflection 308BHTS. We've been full-time for just about a year and have enjoyed our time in the rig!

Last week, I noticed a bit of water on the bathroom floor and found that the hot water heater check valve was leaking. Needing something quickly, I visited our local RV store and purchased a replacement plastic check valve (though, after reading forums, will be ordering a metal one). Since that repair, we have extremely low pressure to the exterior shower, bathroom sink, shower, and interior kitchen sink. The toilet has great pressure, and our outside kitchen sink also has great pressure and flow.

I've cleaned the inlet screen, verified that the check valve at the input is not stuck (by simply depressing it), made sure that there are no kinks in the supply lines, drained the hot water heater (at the T&P valve), and done just about everything I can think of. I've tried running with the pump on, but there's no noticeable difference to the flow at the affected fixtures.

I'm left scratching my head a bit - primarily because the flow of both hot and cold water at the outside kitchen sink is so good.

Anyone out there have additional ideas I should be trying? What am I missing?

Hi Christian, welcome to the tech forum. I have some questions which might narrow down the trouble-shooting.

1. Is the water pressure problem just on the hot water side, or does it include the cold too?
    2. I know you said you tried running with the pump on, but does this mean you disconnected from the city water valve and switched the Nautilus panel to "dry camping"? If so, was there any difference in water pressure between city water and dry camping modes?
    3. Are you using an in-line water filter and water pressure regulator? Any chance that the filter is plugged or the regulator is defective or out of adjustment?
    4. Sometimes when you work on the water system, debris can get into the water lines and quickly reduce pressure. Have you removed any of the faucet aerators to see if pressure increases? This is a real possibility since the toilet doesn't have an aerator which will clog up, and it's working fine.
    5. Is there any chance you kinked one of the water lines when you were replacing the water heater check valve?

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
      Hi Christian, welcome to the tech forum. I have some questions which might narrow down the trouble-shooting.

1. Is the water pressure problem just on the hot water side, or does it include the cold too?
      2. I know you said you tried running with the pump on, but does this mean you disconnected from the city water valve and switched the Nautilus panel to "dry camping"? If so, was there any difference in water pressure between city water and dry camping modes?
      3. Are you using an in-line water filter and water pressure regulator? Any chance that the filter is plugged or the regulator is defective or out of adjustment?
      4. Sometimes when you work on the water system, debris can get into the water lines and quickly reduce pressure. Have you removed any of the faucet aerators to see if pressure increases? This is a real possibility since the toilet doesn't have an aerator which will clog up, and it's working fine.
      5. Is there any chance you kinked one of the water lines when you were replacing the water heater check valve?

Jim
      Thanks, Jim - thank you so much for jumping in with your thoughts!

1. Problem exists on both hot and cold sides.
      2. I didn't disconnect from dry camping - just turned the pump on in the interior control panel.
      3. I've removed inline water filter AND pressure regulator to try and rule them out.
      4. I removed the interior kitchen sink faucet head just to see if perhaps I'd gotten something into the lines; the flow is still just a trickle. But - that's the only fixture I tried, just because it was easiest.
      5. I went back to the water heater and looked at the lines - I don't see any kinks in the lines; there's not much there to kink up, but I pulled on them where they go into the floor, just thinking that if I did have a kink, it would have pulled free

It's a super weird one for sure - and again, the thing that's puzzling to me is that the exterior kitchen sink works great. I would think that's the one that is farthest away from the source, and thus more likely to have an issue 🤷🏻‍♂️

Comment

I'd disconnect from the outside spigot, and set your Nautilus panel to dry camping. Turn on the pump, and check the pressure. This will help to start narrowing down where the problem may lie.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Good morning, all -

Jim - I did as you suggested and switched over to dry camping; but had no change in the flow or pressure from the fixtures I mentioned.

I pulled the aerator off of the bathroom sink and found a fair amount of "gunk" in there. I used compressed air to blow it all out, and reinstalled it - and suddenly, I had good pressure and flow again! I did the same thing in the shower and had the same results - great pressure and flow!

I tried doing the kitchen sink but haven't resolved that one yet. I pulled the end off and used compressed air to blow it all out, but I still don't have good flow there. With the end of the faucet off, I don't have a lot of pressure or flow at that fixture, so I'm thinking that I must have a blockage where the hot and cold water comes into the fixture.

I think that when I changed out the broken check valve, I had to use a tap to clean out the threads on the water tank. I must have gotten more plastic bits into the tank than I originally thought and that's what's blocking up the system. I'll try crawling under the kitchen sink and taking it apart to see if I can figure out where the gunk might be.

Appreciate all the help and support on this!

Comment

Christian

You are on the right track. Others have found some of the plastic debris that you mentioned in there faucets, you may have added this when you changed the check valve or some may have been in the lines from construction. It is a pain to deal with but has been found by plenty of others before.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks, Brian - appreciate your thoughts and confirmation that I'm on the right track!

Comment

Christian - i'll be you're right about the kitchen faucet. I'd turn off the water, then see if you can remove the water valve from the faucet. That is where the cold and hot water mix, and there may be debris in the valve seat.

Jim
                Jim and Ginnie
                2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Working...
                X