Reflection 226RK Fresh Water short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflection 226RK Fresh Water short

I have a 2022 226RK and dry camp a lot. I bought a water meter to fill the fresh water tank and it overflows at 46 gallons when it's spec'd at 56 gallons. It's an on-demand water heater so no tank. Anyone having same issue or know what's going on?

More than likely the literature has not been changed to reflect the tankless water heater. I have only been able to get the same 46 to 47 gallons in our tank, guessing they are the same size as what you have. As fast as the RV industry changes the marketing team can not keep up.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Brian but that stinks, 20% less capacity plus the inefficiency of usage due to the on-demand system is making this difficult.

Comment

winebob I carry one of these to fill my fresh tank without pulling up stakes and moving to a water fill. It folds up nice and small, I've had it through several campers and it's great.

Water Storage Tank - Bladder - Bag - AQUATANK2 Stores Water For Your Emergency Water Supply - It Is a Light-Weight and Portable Water Container, Food-Grade Material, no BPAs (60 Gallon) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ONFDEM...35P7QPVWA3F3P8
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

When waiting on hot water you could catch the cold water in a pan to reuse. I know this is not much help but the water tanks seem to always hold less than advertised, probably a product of how they are made. I believe that my tank was advertised as 53 gallons but know matter how I fill it the best I have got in there is 47 gallons.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            When waiting on hot water you could catch the cold water in a pan to reuse. I know this is not much help but the water tanks seem to always hold less than advertised, probably a product of how they are made. I believe that my tank was advertised as 53 gallons but know matter how I fill it the best I have got in there is 47 gallons.

Brian
            The primary reason for this is the location of the overflow being on the side of the tank at the top. As it is a 3/4"pipe the overflow begins about 1" from the top of the tank. So look up your tank dimension and figure out what that missing 1" equates too. Somewhere here there is a thread will all the calculations. Its easily 10 gallons or so.

Even with a tanked WH we save the cold water for other uses including flushing the toilet. We also save the dirty dish water for the toilet too. It amazing if you figure a gallon saved here of there that is adds up..We also carry a collapsible 5 gallon tote and use it for cooking, Sits on the floor our of the way when not needed.
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Trick I found for the On-demand is to turn on the hot water until I hear the click (this indicates heating water) turn off for a few seconds (saving water here) then turn back on.

Most likely in the fall I plan to install a second 12V water pump on a latching timed relay that will cycle the water from the rear most point back to the inlet of the HWH. This will allow me to press the button, wait 10-15 seconds and immediately have hot water at any faucet.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
              X