Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaking fresh water drain valve on 2021 imagine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking fresh water drain valve on 2021 imagine.

The drain valve is dripping on my fresh water tank. Has anyone ever replaced on or repaired the existing valve? Is it threaded on or glued. Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by cjs61081 View Post
    The drain valve is dripping on my fresh water tank. Has anyone ever replaced on or repaired the existing valve? Is it threaded on or glued. Thanks in advance!
    It should be screwed on to the tank. I found the complete valve assembly loose on ours. It is also a gate valve so there could be a little debris in the slide seals. There are 4 screws that hold the gate valve together.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by cjs61081 View Post
      Brian is correct on it being threaded but you can take it apart with out removing. Take the 4 screws out and the valve splits open so you can inspect the O-ring..BTW be sure the water tank is empty
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

If you take it apart a little white lithium grease on the seals during reassembly will help down the road. I keep a tube of it in my trailer
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

cjs61081 X2 on all good ideas above. Another thought, I had what I thought was a leaky valve last year on our 2600RB, turned out that it was the drain valve leaking around where it mated to the tank. Ended up GD replaced the entire tank due to faulty valve install at tank factory. From what I understood at the time there were a number of tanks and valves with this issue. Look carefully at where that valve goes into the tank.

Dave
          flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Working...
          X