Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Imagine 2400BH Bathroom Grey Valve Part Number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Imagine 2400BH Bathroom Grey Valve Part Number?

Hello everyone! While I was getting our trailer ready for winter, the dump valve for our 2400BH bathroom (rear grey tank) broke. The handle that you pull when you’re ready to dump the unit and the cable that ultimately attaches to the valve in the underbelly separated, and now I won’t be able to operate the valve come spring time. I will order a replacement, but I am not 100% sure which part it is. On the parts lookup website there are two different valves listed for the grey tanks, one with a 36” cable (Part Number 310115) and one with a 60” cable (310156). Does anyone happen to know which is the correct part? If it helps, the black tank valve, which is in the rear by the grey tank valve in question, has a 36” cable. Thanks!
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Originally posted by StephenO View Post
    Hello everyone! While I was getting our trailer ready for winter, the dump valve for our 2400BH bathroom (rear grey tank) broke. The handle that you pull when you’re ready to dump the unit and the cable that ultimately attaches to the valve in the underbelly separated, and now I won’t be able to operate the valve come spring time. I will order a replacement, but I am not 100% sure which part it is. On the parts lookup we**ite there are two different valves listed for the grey tanks, one with a 36” cable (Part Number 310115) and one with a 60” cable (310156). Does anyone happen to know which is the correct part? If it helps, the black tank valve, which is in the rear by the grey tank valve in question, has a 36” cable. Thanks!
    Based on the limited information I am privy to, it looks like it's the 60" version. The kitchen sink gray tank valve looks like it has a relatively short cable run (like the black tank) and the handle for that kitchen gray tank is located more to the front of the unit.

GD Customer Service can give you a definitive answer on Monday. Please check with them and, if you don't mind, share the answer. (I'll update my notes so I'll know for next time the question is asked.)

Oh--and welcome to the forum.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

StephenO Per the advice from Howard howson , GDRV Customer Service can be reached at 574-825-9679.

Once you are sure of the part specs, something you might want to consider is replacing this valve and cable with the equivalent Valterra parts (if the OE is Lasalle- Bristol).
      Recent GDRV products have been built with Lasalle-Bristol gate valves and cables. There are fewer replacement parts for these.
      For example, you can replace just the cable on a Valterra valve (if that is all that is needed) whereas the Lasalle-Bristol requires complete replacement.
      The gate valves from the two manufacturers are interchangeable.

BTW . . . I have no connection to either of these gate valve manufacturers . . . just relaying info discovered by other owners.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks for the replies and advice howson and Cate&Rob . I contacted Grand Design and they indicated that it is actually the shorter valve according to their drawings, but would supply the longer version if we wanted it. So not 100% which part it is, perhaps it changed mid-year or something? Either way, I asked to have the longer version shipped to me from them.

I guess I should have clarified a bit here, but we are actually having this replaced under warranty in the spring, but just wanted to get the parts right away to speed up the process. Last time when our dealer needed to order parts, it took 4 weeks for whatever reason.

I looked at the part more and it looks like it is the Lasalle-Bristol. One question, since our dealer will want to use the same original part and not the Valterra model, do either of you happen to know off hand if Grand Design would be willing to let us pay for the Valterra valve and still cover installation at our dealer?

Thanks again for all the help, and the warm welcome.
        Last edited by StephenO; 12-10-2019, 11:19 AM.
        2019 Imagine 2400BH

Comment

StephenO

I am not sure if the Lasalle-Bristol pull cable can be shortened if you get the long one and end up needing the shorter one. Valterra cables can be cut to whatever length is required. The installation of the valve is essentially the same for both valve manufacturers. I doubt that your dealer will care which part they use. In fact, if the dealer were to supply the part, it might likely be the Valterra brand since these are far more common in the service industry. Be aware that these valves come in two common sizes. 1 1/2" and 3".

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
            StephenO

I am not sure if the Lasalle-Bristol pull cable can be shortened if you get the long one and end up needing the shorter one. Valterra cables can be cut to whatever length is required. The installation of the valve is essentially the same for both valve manufacturers. I doubt that your dealer will care which part they use. In fact, if the dealer were to supply the part, it might likely be the Valterra brand since these are far more common in the service industry. Be aware that these valves come in two common sizes. 1 1/2" and 3".

Rob
            Thanks Cate&Rob for the additional information; learning so much as we go since this is our first RV we've owned. BTW - Nice truck choice, especially with the HDPP. We were close to buying the HDPP option, but since we were fairly certain on the 2400BH, we felt our payload would be in check.
            2019 Imagine 2400BH

Comment

Working...
            X