Furrion tankless water heater noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion tankless water heater noise

My 2022 water heater recently started making a loud noise. It kind of sounds like a truck is driving by the RV. This only occurs after the hot water faucet is turned off. Lasts about 10 seconds. Any ideas?

Originally posted by jshmiller@gmail.com View Post
    My 2022 water heater recently started making a loud noise. It kind of sounds like a truck is driving by the RV. This only occurs after the hot water faucet is turned off. Lasts about 10 seconds. Any ideas?
    The Furrion tankless is still somewhat new to us. Consider calling Lippert as they now own Furrion and see if they will provide tech support. (Calling Furrion is normally an exercise in frustration--Lippert is much better.)

Please do the forum a favor and report back with the results as the power of an owners forum is the sharing of information. (Thanks!)

Howard

P.S. Lippert support info is here: https://support.lci1.com/contact
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

jshmiller@gmail.com, it does a purge at the end of each cycle. So it purges out any remaining exhaust in the system. It is normal to be a little louder during this as the exhaust fan has to do it thing. Tgis is common with any tankless system and it is just like my unit I have installed in my house. By the way I have the same unit in my 303RLS.

Now, if it has gotten louder then the purging was before, as howson said... call Lippert instead of Furrion. Something in the unit could have come lose.
      We live to serve our two Golder Retrievers
      2022 Reflection 303RLS
      2016 GMC Denali 3500

Comment

We have the same tank less in out 303. Yes it makes a lot of noise on initial fire up and at shutdown. I suggest you open the cover and check that the lower blocker plate is completely seated, pull the blocker plate and verify that none of the trays have come loose either, this will let you inspect the blocker plate also. You may even use the outside faucet and trip the HWH to see if you can determine if something is loose.

After checking outside, see if you can access the back side of the unit and inspect. On the 303's the back of the unit is accessed by removing the GD installed screw in the door, or by pulling the drawers in the coffee bar.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X