2022 2500RL, waste tanks labeled incorrectly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 2500RL, waste tanks labeled incorrectly

Correction!!! I was wrong on this, see later post!

Not a big deal, but I noticed the little labels stuck on the outside to indicate which are the grey and black tanks are wrong. Left to right ours read black, grey, grey. However, the black is in the center. It could cause the wrong dump sequence if someone didn't stick their head up under to see what's going on.

Click image for larger version  Name:	waste tank labels.jpg Views:	22 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	87252

Click image for larger version  Name:	waste tank plumbing.jpg Views:	22 Size:	164.3 KB ID:	87253
    Last edited by AlexPeterson; 06-09-2022, 06:47 AM.
    Ottertail, Minnesota
    2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
    2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

I have the 2021 version with the same markings. I assumed they were correct. Interested in hearing if this really is a large scale mislabeling or what.
    2021 GD Imagine 2500RL with 600 watts of Solar added.
    2017 GMC 2500 Duramax

Comment

Just a word of caution. The pull handles don't typically line up with the pipes. The cables are often quite lengthy and they route them in order to try to keep them from binding. To confirm which is which, put a clear connection on the drain hose. The black tank should be easy to see. You can put different colored dye packs in the three separate tanks and then watch to confirm what each handle drains.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        Just a word of caution. The pull handles don't typically line up with the pipes. The cables are often quite lengthy and they route them in order to try to keep them from binding. To confirm which is which, put a clear connection on the drain hose. The black tank should be easy to see. You can put different colored dye packs in the three separate tanks and then watch to confirm what each handle drains.

Jim
        Jim - very interesting! Everything is empty now, I'll just put a few gallons in each and report back.
        Ottertail, Minnesota

Comment

Alex, you can check them pretty easily with a bucket. Put the bucket under the outlet, then go inside and pour about 1 gallon of water down the kitchen sink. The tank with water in it will be the kitchen grey tank. Repeat for each tank. The black one may have some residual stuff in it, so be prepared for that surprise.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Busted! I was wrong - labels are correct. No need to even use water - the tee handle pulls about one inch further on the black label since it's a bigger than the greys...

Thanks TucsonJim and Jlawles2
            Ottertail, Minnesota

Comment

Well, I'm relieved! ;-)
              2021 GD Imagine 2500RL with 600 watts of Solar added.
              2017 GMC 2500 Duramax

Comment

Yup. Your tanks are labeled just like my 2021 2500RL. It’s correct on mine!
                Chad, Heather, a kid or two, and Scout the Doodle dog

2021 Imagine 2500RL
                2018 Crew Max Tundra Platinum

I can’t leave things stock…

Comment

On my 2022 2500RL the black tank pull is forward of the drain by 3-4 feet, the 2 handles above the drain are both grey

What I don't know is which grey is which

Comment

Working...
                  X