City water hook-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City water hook-up

This forum has been a great resource for us. We are new owners of the Grand Design product.
    we have a 2020 GD Imagine. Many of you know me from my post on an electrical issue.
    We are on a trip now. We pulled into a campground and hooked up to city water. We have no water at the faucets but the black water holding tank filled immediately. I opened the holding tank valves and the water dispelled was clear. It is if the city water is going directly into the black water tank.
    Doesn't make any sense.
    What is going on with this?

Check that you are connected to the city water and not the black tank flush. The connections may be the wrong colors, so you may have to try the other one, especially if it's a used unit and the previous owner did work on the panel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 10.05.27 PM.png
Views:	471
Size:	708.3 KB
ID:	87375

Note if you have the manual which side should be the city water connection. On the P4 panel pictured above the city water is the left one.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

It's also the left port on the P1 panel.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220611-061106_Drive.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	87377
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Bobn1369 View Post
        This forum has been a great resource for us. We are new owners of the Grand Design product.
        we have a 2020 GD Imagine. Many of you know me from my post on an electrical issue.
        We are on a trip now. We pulled into a campground and hooked up to city water. We have no water at the faucets but the black water holding tank filled immediately. I opened the holding tank valves and the water dispelled was clear. It is if the city water is going directly into the black water tank.
        Doesn't make any sense.
        What is going on with this?
        Hey Bobn1369

What Jlawles2 and TedS said about you likely connecting the city water to the black tank rinse is spot on. Once you connect water to the rinse connection and turn on the supply it will fill your black tank, so please be careful to not over fill the tank. For fun, search for the stories on here about some people overfilling their black tanks with the rinse connection. Spoiler alert, it can make a mess, so again be careful.

You don't mention your model number but you do say on your Imagine, just note the Imagines don't have the full water docking stations listed above, at least mine doesn't. On mine, the black tank rinse is the same type of water connection as the City Water. However, the tank rinse is colored black and is on an exterior wall, and the city water connection is white and inside the storage area. The other thing to note, the black tank rinse connection will have a sticker by it telling you to not operate without the tank valves open, or something along those lines.

​​​​​​​Also, please consider completing your signature with your model info, it just helps give context on what trailer you are working with.
        2019 Imagine 2400BH
        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Working...
        X