Pump not working when demand is required and sucking air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump not working when demand is required and sucking air

My reflection water pump does not run unless I open sink valve and shower or toilet, I am getting air as well.

Make sure the winterization valve is fully closed or it will admit air to the pump.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Ignore my previous post.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Welcome to the forum. One of the moderators will be along shortly with guidance on reading the welcome letter and setting up your signature line.

First, I'll ask the obvious question, is the freshwater tank filled?

The water pump should only come on when you open a tap or valve. It is controlled by a pressure switch. Pressure drops when a tap or valve is open, pump comes on. Close tap or valve and pressure builds, pump turns off. So, it reads like the pump is operating correctly. If I'm misreading your post, please expand on the problem.

If the freshwater tank is full and the pump is coming on when a tap or valve is open, but you're only getting air, double check the valve settings on the panel. If the correct valves are not fully open or closed the water could be cycling through the pump and back into the freshwater tank. Had this happen to me.

If everything seems as it should be then it is time to start looking for how air could be getting into the suction line. Some have reported that the orientation of the screen on the pump can result in air in the line. Or there may be a loose connection that is letting air in.

Hope this helps.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
        X