No announcement yet.

Underbelly water with sag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If turning off the ice maker stops the leak, this would indicate that the problem is within the fridge . . . not the water line that feeds it. If the ice maker was not specifically winterized, this is probably the cause of the problem. It seems like the short-term fix is to not use the ice maker, but you will have to pull the fridge to repair the problem.

I also think that you should consider dropping the coroplast to dry out the underbelly of the trailer, sooner . . . rather than later.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nooo.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	87847

Water leak = S-T-R-E-S-S......especilly when you're traveling.

Hopefully it's just the ice maker in the fridge. That is a pain and removing a fridge ain't fun, but it means you can continue your trip - which is likely the reason you bought the thing. Please keep us posted.
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

acoleman43 . . . Great post LOL!

Water leaks are just part of life in an RV. Particularly if you have soft hose plumbing and/or don’t get things winterized properly. The best solution is to just get comfortable with this. Fixing these leaks is relatively simple using basic tools and parts. There is a world of stress level difference between solving a leak with an hour or two at the campground vs cancelling your trip and waiting months to get a dealer service appointment.

What this forum is all about . . .

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Rob
          Are all the lines behind the basement wall 1/2"?
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
            Are all the lines behind the basement wall 1/2"?
            All water lines will typically be 1/2” . . . but, there will be a combination of Pex pipe and a braided soft hose, all used with Pex fittings. Some “nominally 1/2” Pex crimp fittings will fit over the soft hose and some won’t. The combination of Pex fitting with soft hose and a Pex crimp clamp is the most likely to develop a drip leak. RV manufacturers use the soft hose to expedite assembly time. Several owners on this forum have replaced as much of the soft hose with Pex pipe as possible, for a more water tight plumbing system.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
              acoleman43 . . . Great post LOL!

Water leaks are just part of life in an RV. Particularly if you have soft hose plumbing and/or don’t get things winterized properly. The best solution is to just get comfortable with this. Fixing these leaks is relatively simple using basic tools and parts. There is a world of stress level difference between solving a leak with an hour or two at the campground vs cancelling your trip and waiting months to get a dealer service appointment.

Rob
              Yes it is. We've had 3 leaks....2 from a sub-par winterization attempt. One from just a bad connection from factory. None were real fun to deal with.
              Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

I actually bought the rv from the original poster of this issue. It was still leaking when I bought it from Tholden so as I'm searching for answers I found pictures of my exact rv with the exact same bracing. It wasn't the ice maker it was the shower connection behind the cabinet (broken rubber seal in connector)
                also the shower drain was loose/leaking down on top of the grey tank and around the transfer switch

Comment

Hope this helps someone. Now I have to drop the belly and replace insulation

Comment

Working...
                  X