Clear All

• Hose to Pex

Is there a hose to pex adapter?
    Asking for a friend (ha)
    Mike and Pat Clawson
    2015 Reflection 337RLS
    2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
    Village of Bloomfield, Wisconsin

No. At the least install a male pipe fitting with pex barb in the pex, install a female swivel with hose barb to the hose.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Gr8daggett

Your poor friend..... Like TedS said, there is no 'direct' adapter between the soft hose and PEX, at least none that I've seen mentioned before. There is a fitting between PEX and PolyB pipe, which has been discussed before and has the correct dimensions for the pipe inner diameter, but lacks the proper barb fitting for the soft hose. You will need to use a hose barb fitting and a PEX fitting, looking for a common fitting between those. Likely 1/2" MIP/FIP between those two. Tell your friend good luck!
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Hi Mike,

Haven't heard from you for a while!

There is no single fitting to go from Pex to hose . . . that anyone has found so far. You need a 1/2" Pex to 1/2" pipe thread fitting and then a mating 1/2" pipe thread to 1/2" hose barb. Attached is info on the adapters that I made up to quickly solve the soft hose to Pex fitting drip leak from the combination at the top of the picture. Perhaps "your friend" could make up some of these ahead of time and then it is a one minute cut and replace . . . once you get to the leaking fitting of course . The permanent solution is to remove all the soft hose and replace with 100% Pex.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2295.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	88529
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks Rob,
          Yes I have not been getting out much. Still fighting the cancer so i need to stay close to the doctors. Hope to make the rally this year. How about you ?
          Mike and Pat Clawson
          2015 Reflection 337RLS
          2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
          Village of Bloomfield, Wisconsin

Comment

Gr8daggett
            Hi Mike . . . I sent you a PM
            Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
            X