2020 Reflection 260RD Grey Tank Capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Reflection 260RD Grey Tank Capacity

I have looked at all the information provided on my 2020 260RD and can not find the capacities of the grey tanks. All of the spec sheets show 1 grey tank with a 71 gallon capacity. I have one tank for the bathroom and one for the kitchen. I also looked at another posting checking the owners parts and it only shows 1 freshwater and two black tanks. What is the capacities of my two grey tanks? Any information would be appreciated.

howson
    Country Campers
    Cate&Rob

Can one of you gentlemen take a look at the drawing package to see if you can answer Kb's request?

Welcome to the forum Kb!

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Kb3588 View Post
      I have looked at all the information provided on my 2020 260RD and can not find the capacities of the grey tanks. All of the spec sheets show 1 grey tank with a 71 gallon capacity. I have one tank for the bathroom and one for the kitchen. I also looked at another posting checking the owners parts and it only shows 1 freshwater and two black tanks. What is the capacities of my two grey tanks? Any information would be appreciated.
      There's a 46 gallon fresh water tank, a 32 gallon grey tank (for the kitchen sink), a 39 gallon black tank, and a 39 gallon grey tank for the bathroom sink and shower.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Got it. Thanks. I thought (per specs/brochure) there was a 52 gallon fresh water tank or is the information including the 6 gallon water heater? As for the 39 gallon grey tank for the bathroom, I might have to take the unit in to have it looked at. Both my wife and I took a shower and the tank sensors for the bathroom grey tank was showing 2/3 full. This is what drew me to the original question. We were running off our fresh water tank that still showed 2/3 full when we finished. Math does not add up. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Got it. Thanks. I thought (per specs/brochure) there was a 52 gallon fresh water tank or is the information including the 6 gallon water heater? As for the 39 gallon grey tank for the bathroom, I might have to take the unit in to have it looked at. Both my wife and I took a shower and the tank sensors for the bathroom grey tank was showing 2/3 full. This is what drew me to the original question. We were running off our fresh water tank that still showed 2/3 full when we finished. Math does not add up. Thanks for the help.
          The tank's capacity does not mean that's how much it can hold in actual use. I'm going to have to leave it to Cate&Rob to explain or someone else with more technical knowledge on the plumbing.

I believe you are correct by adding the 6 gallons in the water heater. (Good catch)

For the sensors, my .02 is to ignore them. I did a google search using "RV sensors are inaccurate" and there is page after page of posts for RVs across the spectrum with this issue. Most of the time it is some form of residue on the sensor that "fools" them. After my first couple of trips I didn't bother looking at them.

If you really want to know how many gallons your grey tank can hold try this: with the tank drained and empty pour known amounts of fresh down the drain (like the shower) until it backs up. If the total amount of water poured down the drain is significantly less than 39 gallons you may have an issue. If it's close you probably don't.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Kb3588 ,

I would agree with all Howard's comments howson .

The level gauges are notorious for being misleading.

I would check the actual available volume of each tank by filling it from empty to backing up the drain. A good way to do this is with a garden hose flow meter. These are usually quite accurate, but check by filling a known volume like a 5 gallon pail.

If you are getting significantly less capacity than the spec number, this is usually because the vent pipe has been pushed too far into the tank during assembly. As soon as the liquid covers the end of this pipe, the air can't get out so no more liquid can get in. The tanks are all wide and shallow, so even 1/2" too far into the tank can mean several gallons. It is rare for a tank to reach its full stated capacity.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks for the help. I will try that!

Comment

Thanks for the help. I will try that!
                Hi Kb3588,

When you get a chance, please fill out your signature block. It helps to have an easy reference to which model everyone has and to call each other by first name (if you are comfortable with that)

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                X