No announcement yet.

Tank Heaters in Reflection 150 series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Heaters in Reflection 150 series?

Hi all, new member here. Just placed an order for a new 2020 Reflection 150 series 295RL. I seem to recall hearing that on this model that Grand Design was adding actual tank heaters not just using the furnace heat. Am I dreaming or is this true? BTW, dealer confirmed that my trailer will come with Goodyear tires!
    Last edited by Mr. Goodwrench; 12-10-2019, 06:06 PM.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Originally posted by Mr. Goodwrench View Post
    Hi all, new member here. Just placed an order for a new 2020 Reflection 150 series 295RL. I seem to recall hearing that on this model that Grand Design was adding actual tank heaters not just using the furnace heat. Am I dreaming or is this true? BTW, dealer confirmed that my trailer will come with Goodyear tires!
    I can't find it anywhere other than on the parts list for the 2020 295RL. (There's a link to the part website in the menu bar.) That does not guarantee it will be on your trailer. If this is an important purchase consideration I'd double-check with your dealer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	01 Tank Heater.JPG
Views:	1795
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	8970

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank Heater 2.JPG
Views:	1641
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	8971
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes, all 150 series manufactured after 6/6/19 have tank heaters on them.

Goodyear tires just started in mid November.
      Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV in Shoemakersville, PA

2020 Reflectiopn 260RD owner towed by a 2011 RAM 3500 with Cummins power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goodwrench View Post
        According to our brochures, all Reflections are now being built with the Arctic 4-Seasons Protection Package, which includes a 12V heat pad for the holding tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by huntr70 View Post

Hi Steve,
          Glad to see that you found us! Welcome !!
          Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

huntr70 -- I know who you are! So glad you've joined us. Your expertise and first-hand knowledge will be an invaluable resource on this forum. If you look at the forum rules, you'll see that they are written to accommodate individuals such as yourself, so feel free to add your signature line accordingly.

Again--welcome!
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

According to our brochures, all Reflections are now being built with the Arctic 4-Seasons Protection Package, which includes a 12V heat pad for the holding tanks.
              Is it listed somewhere on the Grand Design website for the Reflection models? I looked under every tab and couldn't find a single reference to the heater pads. Maybe I missed it?

Comment

howson here's the link and attachment of the latest Reflection brochure:

https://www.granddesignrv.com/shopping-tools/brochures

This info is under the "Arctic 4-Seasons Protection Package" portion on pages 7, 9, & 11.

I didn't want to add a screen shot of the package because that package varies depending on the unit (travel trailer vs 150 series 5th wheel vs 5th wheels).
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post
                  howson here's the link and attachment of the latest Reflection brochure:

https://www.granddesignrv.com/shopping-tools/brochures

This info is under the "Arctic 4-Seasons Protection Package" portion on pages 7, 9, & 11.

I didn't want to add a screen shot of the package because that package varies depending on the unit (travel trailer vs 150 series 5th wheel vs 5th wheels).
                  Got it! I found it on the we**ite--the verbiage is a little different but it's there. https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...n/construction

Not that my .02 matters, but I like the way the brochure shows this feature more than the we**ite. (I hope I'm not stepping on too many toes!)

WE**ITE (I sure hope Tom fixes that silly filter soon!)

Click image for larger version  Name:	we**ite.JPG Views:	0 Size:	65.3 KB ID:	9026

BROCHURE

Click image for larger version  Name:	brochure.JPG Views:	0 Size:	65.2 KB ID:	9027

Comment

X3 - good to see you made it to this sandbox, Steve ! Your contributions as a valued "dealer rep." have been most helpful over the years.

Dan
                    Dan & Carol
                    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Yep, thanks.

"Dealer Rep" and owner!

Comment

GDRV-Megan

Can you find out how these are installed and wired in(switch locations and power draw) and if older units could be retrofitted some way like GD offering a kit through their parts.
                        Thanks - Happy Holidays
                        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
                          GDRV-Megan

Can you find out how these are installed and wired in(switch locations and power draw) and if older units could be retrofitted some way like GD offering a kit through their parts.
                          Thanks - Happy Holidays
                          There are plenty of aftermarket options to add tank heaters.

Call your local dealer or Google search "rv tank heaters". Lots of options.

Comment

We have a 2020 Reflections 295RL and I haven’t seen anything for heated pads on the holding tanks?
                            2020 Reflections 150 Series 295 RL, 2007 Chev Duramax 3500 Classic Ext cab

Comment

Originally posted by Trahanp View Post
                              We have a 2020 Reflections 295RL and I haven’t seen anything for heated pads on the holding tanks?
                              Depends on when it was built. Is it the white exterior or the tan exterior?

Comment

Working...
                              X