Tank Heaters in Reflection 150 series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

X3 - good to see you made it to this sandbox, Steve ! Your contributions as a valued "dealer rep." have been most helpful over the years.

Dan
    X(whatever # we're at). Steve has always been a good resource, helpful, and doesn't sugar coat it. I like that <in a R. Lee Ermey voice>
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
    2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Trahanp View Post
      We have a 2020 Reflections 295RL and I haven’t seen anything for heated pads on the holding tanks?
      Sorry, just saw your profile picture.

You have a 2020 that was built before June 2019, so you have the tan exterior and NO tank heaters.
      Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV in Shoemakersville, PA

2020 Reflectiopn 260RD owner towed by a 2011 RAM 3500 with Cummins power.

Comment

I have a 2022 297RSTS that should have tank heaters. However, I cannot find any switch for them, a fuse, nothing. There is no mention in the owners manual. I found a video clip on the GD site showing the switch on the upper right corner of the control panel. Mine has none. Any clue where it could be hidden? Or did they ‘forget’ them??
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderingblondly View Post
          I have a 2022 297RSTS that should have tank heaters. However, I cannot find any switch for them, a fuse, nothing. There is no mention in the owners manual. I found a video clip on the GD site showing the switch on the upper right corner of the control panel. Mine has none. Any clue where it could be hidden? Or did they ‘forget’ them??
          Thanks!
          I would contact Grand Design Customer Service , have your VIN ready, and ask them if this was part of the build for your unit. In the times we are in with supply issues it is possible that GD has been forced to not put the tank heaters on all units.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Anybody with a 2018 or older 295RL winter camp and have tank freezing issues due to no tank heaters? Now with this thread I’m starting to worry that I better not head up to the cold cold north with out installing aftermarket tank heaters?!
            Last edited by Baja Fog; 11-18-2021, 09:42 AM.
            Flash Buddy & Jan Baby
            2018 Reflection 295RL
            2018 Ford F-250 | B&W Companion 25K

Comment

Baja Fog

Water lines in the underbelly are far more likely to freeze than the higher thermal mass of tank contents. There has been considerable discussion on this forum about how to prevent lines from freezing, but nothing that I recall specifically about needing to protect tanks from freezing . . . even without electric tank heaters. The propane furnace has ductwork directed into the underbelly to keep things from freezing. It is important to run the furnace and not just use interior electric heaters in sub-freezing conditions. The first place that water line freezing often occurs is in the lines adjacent to the low point drains which extend through the underbelly. These should be covered with additional insulation.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi All,
                I have been reading about the tank heaters and want to confirm on the 2022 260Rd, there are or are there not heaters on the pipes??
                I understand the tanks do and the Artic pkg heats the belly but the booklets i received with the trailer (lots) the Tank heater info mentions tank heaters with heated elbows, and pipes, i know this is generic info but wanted clarification on what is actual on the 2022 150 series.
                Thanks
                Sandra, Andy & Bella the dog.
                2019 F150 3.5ecoboost
                2022 150 series 260RD
                15' Home built Oasis 1 teardrop design.

Comment

Originally posted by SASurvival View Post
                  Hi All,
                  I have been reading about the tank heaters and want to confirm on the 2022 260Rd, there are or are there not heaters on the pipes??
                  I understand the tanks do and the Artic pkg heats the belly but the booklets i received with the trailer (lots) the Tank heater info mentions tank heaters with heated elbows, and pipes, i know this is generic info but wanted clarification on what is actual on the 2022 150 series.
                  Thanks
                  I think you would be better off to contact Grand Design Customer Service with your VIN, they should tell you what you have. With the recent problems with supply RV's are being built in varying ways with different items. The brochure might say something different than you actually have. I have not heard of any heating pads on the elbow fittings on tanks, but it could be possible. Usually there are heating ducts from the furnace that blows on the tanks and or fittings.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                  X