Water Heater Valve Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Heater Valve Location

Hello, just bought a 22 transcend bumper pull. Can't find the water heater valves to clean out the system before use.
    went to manual and it shows how to do it ,but not the location.
    Dealer was that thorough in walkthrough explanation.

Originally posted by Allenmoser View Post
    Hello, just bought a 22 transcend bumper pull. Can't find the water heater valves to clean out the system before use.
    went to manual and it shows how to do it ,but not the location.
    Dealer was that thorough in walkthrough explanation.
    Hi Allen welcome to the forum. I moved your post to its own thread, the one you replied to head no activity since 2019 and was most likely a totally different water heater than yours anyway.

I'm assuming you have the Furrion tankless water heater. I have heard that some of these units do not have the bypass accessible anymore. That said with a tankless unit you should not need to bypass it to sanitize it.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thank you.
      the book said to bypass it to clean before using with fresh water.
      I noticed it is behind water heater and behind an interior drawer. Now to find how how-to remove drawer to get at it.

Comment

The page in manual is 96.

Comment

Originally posted by Allenmoser View Post
          Thank you.
          the book said to bypass it to clean before using with fresh water.
          I noticed it is behind water heater and behind an interior drawer. Now to find how how-to remove drawer to get at it.
          The slides on the draws have small black levers on each side, you lift the lever on one side and push it down on the other and this unlocks and the drawer will pull out. Align the slides and slide back in when done.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you very much for the info

Comment

Responding to NCitro's original reply,

"Hi Allen welcome to the forum. I moved your post to its own thread, the one you replied to head no activity since 2019 and was most likely a totally different water heater than yours anyway.

I'm assuming you have the Furrion tankless water heater. I have heard that some of these units do not have the bypass accessible anymore. That said with a tankless unit you should not need to bypass it to sanitize it.​"

I just bought a Reflection 297RSTS travel trailer. It has the Nautilus P4 water system, but with only three handles. The RED handle to bypass the water heater (or at least I assume it is to bypass the water heater) is actually behind the Nautilus panel inside the pass through bay in the hidden plumbing area. It is very inaccessible. The manuals I received from Grand Design included a manual for the tankless heater and the Nautilus P1 system (not much help there). None of the manuals say anything about whether you need to bypass a tankless water heater. I hope I don't as it will make life easier for me.
              Timothy (Tim)
              2023 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
              Travel Trailer

Comment

Transcends typically have a 6 gallon water heater from Dometic or Suburban. They are not equipped with the Furrion tankless water heater. The water heater bypass is inside the unit and quite often behind a drawer or under a dinette booth. If you provide the model number you have, I can probably locate the bypass from the drawing if I have it.

Jim and Ginnie
                2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                X