Leaking Kitchen Grey on Imagine 2400bh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Kitchen Grey on Imagine 2400bh

We are chasing a leak on a 2019 Imagine 2400bh. Back story, this rig went to Elkhart last year to have a floor replaced. This leak has existed since then. We dropped the belly. Leak is coming from the driver’s side/front of the kitchen grey. After the tank reaches a certain level water starts pouring steadily from behind the bracket that holds the front of the tank. So I either have a crack on top of the tank, the pipe connector to the tank is loose or the pipe is cracked. Our under sink plumbing is a p-trap into the wall.

My question… how do you get to the top of this kitchen grey to see the connections? Do I have to remove the paneling in the bedroom? There is zero access. This somehow happened in Elkhart. We have fixed 5+ plumbing leaks since we got it back but nothing this major. We winterized it properly before sending it but something happened along the way. Not sure if they tested the system and didn’t re-winterize or what. Any help, pics, diagrams would be so helpful.

Update: I’ve seen several posts about tanks not being tight to the floor from underneath. Mine definitely is not. I pushed up on the passenger side of the tank and water started flowing off the driver’s side. So I have nasty stagnant water on top of this tank which says to me my problem is at the connection somehow. Again, any guidance on how to get to that connection would be appreciated.

Comment

I guess you would have to explore under the sink to see if there is a panel that hides the drain pipe, if so you could remove the panel and inspect the pipe to tank connection. There also should be a vent for the tank that goes to the roof but should not be causing your problem. I think there should be a removable panel under the sink, post a picture in that area if you can.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I would probably drop the tank and see if something is cracked as you suggested. That's all done from the bottom, there should be a rail underneath you unbolt and the tank comes down. You'll need to disconnect the drain line and sensor wiring. Then I think the connections on top slip out of the tank as you lower it.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

There is no panel. It is just a wall. I could obviously cut a panel but I sure hate to do that. It may be my only choice. Not being able to get to that connection means I can’t drop the tank. So I’m afraid cutting a hole in the paneling or removing paneling in the bedroom are my only options.

Comment

Tiger6761 the connection between the tank and the drain is just a slip fitting. I don't think you need access to the top to drop the tank.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
              Tiger6761 the connection between the tank and the drain is just a slip fitting. I don't think you need access to the top to drop the tank.
              I was just coming back to ask what kind of fitting that was. I went back under the sink and found a weird little hole. Not sure if that was there before they did the floor replacement or not. So if that is a slip fitting that makes me want to try one thing before dropping. I may find a way to push the passenger side of the tank flush with the floor then try a full test again. Maybe the pipe is just barely out of the slip fitting?

Comment

That's an odd hole for sure. I've never pulled my kitchen grey before, but I've pulled the drain line running between my toilet and the black tank (don't ask) and the pipe just pushed into a rubber grommet in the top of the tank. I know that's what the vent lines are, I'm almost positive that's what your drain line would be too.

Neil Citro

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger6761 View Post

I was just coming back to ask what kind of fitting that was. I went back under the sink and found a weird little hole. Not sure if that was there before they did the floor replacement or not. So if that is a slip fitting that makes me want to try one thing before dropping. I may find a way to push the passenger side of the tank flush with the floor then try a full test again. Maybe the pipe is just barely out of the slip fitting?
                  Maybe not much help, but my 2400bh doesn't have that odd hole at the base of the wall.

I am following this thread with interest because I have a small drip-leak that appeared at the galley grey tank dump handle assembly where it exits through the coroplast. I don't know if the leak is from the grey tank/plumbing or from elsewhere into the underbelly. Your resolution may provide insight to my issue. Good luck.

Mike
                  Mike & Sonya
                  2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
                  Blue Ox SwayPro
                  2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Originally posted by NoPeeking View Post

Maybe not much help, but my 2400bh doesn't have that odd hole at the base of the wall.

I am following this thread with interest because I have a small drip-leak that appeared at the galley grey tank dump handle assembly where it exits through the coroplast. I don't know if the leak is from the grey tank/plumbing or from elsewhere into the underbelly. Your resolution may provide insight to my issue. Good luck.

Mike
                    Yeah, I have no idea what that hole is about. Someone got creative in Elkhart.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger6761 View Post
                      Leak is coming from the driver’s side/front of the kitchen grey. After the tank reaches a certain level water starts pouring steadily from behind the bracket that holds the front of the tank. So I either have a crack on top of the tank, the pipe connector to the tank is loose or the pipe is cracked. Our under sink plumbing is a p-trap into the wall.
                      OP, that "certain level" you are talking about, does this mean full, or less? If you have water accumulating or running from the top of the tank, I feel you are right on in assuming a crack or a bad fitting in the rubber sealing gasket, and dropping the tank is probably the only solution.

However, you said you could push up on the tank and there was some play. What about shimming the support brackets to lift the tank a little and see if that helps? I don't think I would necessarily want it against the floor, just close to it. It may help the seal a little.

This may not help anything but would be an easy solution to try. I have stopped letting my gray tank get completely full before emptying. I just don't think it's good to test the sealing of these rubber grommets.

2020 Reflection 273MK
                      2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Might be worth investing in a borescope and getting a look at the fitting on top of the tank, if there is concern about whether or not it is a slip fitting.
                        John
                        2018 Momentum 395M
                        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Back at it. Have a couple of things. We still haven’t dropped the tank because quite frankly this thing appears to have been designed in a way to make dropping the tank as difficult as possible. The bracket that holds it in (that you can remove) is to the rear of the tank. The screws are all tucked in amongst wiring and plumbing. Not impossible but there is risk. I see at a minimum that one of these screws broke on the passenger side and the bracket seems to have skewed to the rear of the rig because of this. Maybe this was enough to crack the pipe? No idea yet. I called Grand Design which wasn’t super helpful. I got a diagram from them which basically shows what I already know but could help someone else in the future.
                          Last edited by ncitro; 08-18-2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Tiger6761

Just a note on an edit, I deleted the drawing you posted, Grand Design shares these with owners by request, but asks that they not be made public or posted.

Neil Citro

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
                              Tiger6761

Just a note on an edit, I deleted the drawing you posted, Grand Design shares these with owners by request, but asks that they not be made public or posted.
                              OK, sorry about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X