Toilet connected to hot water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet connected to hot water

We have discovered our toilet water line is connected to the Furrion on demand hot water heater. At first I thought flushing was somehow triggering the control panel to light up in the bathroom (like it does any other time hot water is used,) but I've confirmed the hot water heater is spinning up to deliver hot water if the flush is held open long enough.

Other then this just seems wrong, is there any negative consequence to leaving things connected this way? Or should I have it fixed so the toilet water doesn't draw from the water heater? Maybe there's a reason it's connected the way it is.
    Mike and Rebecca
    2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
    2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

Well, that’s a curious way to connect the plumbing. I’m not sure that the valves and vacuum break on the toilet are designed for hot water. Might be OK, but I think I would re-connect the toilet to a cold water source.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I can think of several things that could possibly go wrong with the toilet being connected to the HWH. As Rob mentioned, toilet components not designed for the temperature of the water, the tank getting flushed with hot water and possibly having issues as the water is not tempered.

Let's not forget the excessive use of propane b/c every time the HWH senses flow it kicks on and heats up.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Perhaps theres a valve in the wrong position on the panel allowing hot water to backfeed ?
        It might pay to go over the panel with the manual for reference. If that doesnt yield anything then check the undersink plumbing etc for a red on blue connection

"check the cheap and easy stuff first" Me.
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
        X