Two Blue water pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Blue water pipes

I know where the low-drain points are on my Transcend Xplor 200MK. However, there are two blue pipes that come out of the bottom of the trail (near the entrance door) and I have no idea what they are for. There's nothing in the manual. Can anyone tell me what they are for? They came open (no valves on them), but I put valves on them thinking that they were the low-drain points (before I discovered where the real drain points are). Should I remove the valves?

bmcote9 On my reflection, I have one blue besides low points and it's the fresh water overflow. And would need to be open when filling or using fresh water.

​​​​​​​Terry
    Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
    2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Originally posted by bmcote9 View Post
      I know where the low-drain points are on my Transcend Xplor 200MK. However, there are two blue pipes that come out of the bottom of the trail (near the entrance door) and I have no idea what they are for. There's nothing in the manual. Can anyone tell me what they are for? They came open (no valves on them), but I put valves on them thinking that they were the low-drain points (before I discovered where the real drain points are). Should I remove the valves?
      I would have to assume those are the over flow tubes for your fresh water tank. If you search on the forum for 'siphon' you'll find information on why there are two of them, spoiler alert, it's to prevent the siphoning of water while driving. In terms of removing them, again some searching will give you information on other users installing these. Again bit of a preview, but you should leave those values open, assuming you leave them installed, unless you are driving.

Welcome to the forum!
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by bmcote9 View Post
        They are definitely your fresh water overflow piping. GD used to only use one and as has been mentioned, that created a siphoning issue. Our 297RSTS suffered from that. Our 390RK has two as it is newer as your rig is. I recommend removing those valves you installed. If you forget to open them and you fill the fresh water tank you may create a problem by over pressurizing the plumbing or tank, and creating a leak or heaven forbid a ruptured tank. The air in the system will not be able to escape with those valves closed.
        Tim and Terri,
        USAF Retired/Veteran.
        F350 DRW Towing a Solitude 390RK-R

Comment

Thank you for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X