Auto Fill when dry camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Fill when dry camping

Went camping with no water hookups. Had access to fresh water and tried to utilize the powerfill/autofill capability on my Solitude 375RES. After several unsuccessful attempts and about three hours of frustration, we gave up. Can anyone help me figure out what we did wrong? The manual doesn't help at all. It isn't even the same layout as my rig. I am wondering if there is a way to unplug the line or get the water or air out if that might be an issue. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there something I need to turn on inside the rig? We did make the adjustments to the valves outside. We set it correctly per the diagram on the Nautius panel with no success. Wondering if there is a way to make sure the line isn't plugged in?
    Last edited by Osowise; 09-06-2022, 05:07 PM.

Osowise Welcome to the forum! By auto fill do you mean powerfill on your Nautius panel? If so, then all you should need to do is set the valve properly per the sticker and connect the water to the white connection. Water should then flow into the tank. Once full, set the valve to dry camping and turn on the pump and you should have water at the fixtures.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

We did all these things several times. We could hear the pump trying to get the water into the system but no luck with any water moving or flowing into the tank. At the end of the day, I had to hook up and drive to find water and fill the old fashion way.

Comment

I am not sure what the old fashioned way is. When powerfilling, the pump should not be involved until the tank is full and you want to draw water from the tank into your fixtures?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Having dealt with this myself, there are a couple of tricks I follow.

The first is to get the water source as high as you can get it so you're not tying to suck the weight of the water column against gravity. I set the water tanks on the tail gate.
          Second, make sure you're not using a collapsible hose. It won't work.
          Then, make sure you use as short a hose as possible. The longer the hose, the more resistance to water flow.
          Finally, make sure you have the Nautilus P1 valves in the "sanitize" settings.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sanitize.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.3 KB ID:	94213

It takes about 5 minutes for me to run 7 gallons into my tank.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I had this issue and like TucsonJim, raised the water container up 2 or 3 feet and she started to flow.

Comment

Turn the screen around. In the inlet where you screw the hose in. Then the point of the screen pushes in the check valve. SHOULD BE IN THE MANUAL, BUT IT IS NOT! I use the sanitize setting. Buy some replacements cuz you will crush one. Not from ACE hardware, they cheaped it out, does not have a point.
              PineconeNW
              Reflection 297RSTS 2021
              Chevrolet K2500 Duramax LBZ 2007
              https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Comment

Before installing the inlet screen backwards be sure to relieve the system water pressure behind the check valve by opening a faucet.
                Ted
                2021 Reflection 310RLS
                2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Osowise -- PineconeNW and TedS nailed the solution. Do you understand the reference to "reversing the screen"? See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...9037#post89037 for more information.

Howard

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                  X