Water comes out of faucets like soda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water comes out of faucets like soda?

It goes away after awhile but then it seems to build back up when we don't use it for a few days then it starts coming out like this again. It was my first time with the nautilus system but I'm pretty sure I followed the dewinterization process correctly, could it be residual antifreeze? It's been this way all summer I hoped it would eventually stop but alas it has not lol We are using a city water connection and our outdoor utility hose is hooked up to the same source but it doesn't do this.
    Last edited by Danny88; 09-07-2022, 11:51 PM.

Hi Danny,

This is definitely a curious situation. If you fill a pail directly from the hose, does it foam like this? What about if you fill the pail from the outside shower hose?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I think I would run a bleach / water mix through my fresh water tank then using the water pump run the bleach / water throughout all my supply lines to flush out the system
      John & Cindy
      2019 303 RLS
      2018 F250

Comment

I was surprised to find antifreeze still in the low point drain tubes after dewinterizing and using the trailer for a month. Check those for residual antifreeze.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Also depending on the model there may be a rear spray port that is plumbed into the kitchen sink line, flush this out as well as I have learned that leaving water in that pipe for an extended time will result in stinky water at the kitchen sink, not sure about bubbles though.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

What does the water smell like?

Was this an issue before you winterized the unit?

Check the valve setting to ensure you are not pulling air from the fresh water tank.

Ensure the pump is turned off also. Especially if the fresh water tank is empty.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Danny88 View Post
              It goes away after awhile but then it seems to build back up when we don't use it for a few days then it starts coming out like this again. It was my first time with the nautilus system but I'm pretty sure I followed the dewinterization process correctly, could it be residual antifreeze? It's been this way all summer I hoped it would eventually stop but alas it has not lol We are using a city water connection and our outdoor utility hose is hooked up to the same source but it doesn't do this.
              OK
              This is interesting. Find your pump and check the inlet screen. What is happening is AIR is getting into the system through the pump. I suspect your inlet screen has a leaking bulb or it is cracked allowing the pump to suck in air. The inlet screen bulb assembly is attached to the pump. Also drain your low point drains just to be sure everything is cleared. Before opening the low point drains be sure a hot and cold faucet is open at the furthest point in the trailer from them.

Hope this helps
              Keith
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

This is our first year with this unit so it was winterized by the dealer. I only did the dewinterization following a YouTube video for the process with the nautilus system. I have a Y splitter on the campground water connection so I can use another hose outside for cleaning and such and it doesn't foam like this so I know it's not the water source itself. The outdoor shower on the camper does do the same thing as well as the bathroom and kitchen sink and indoor shower all soda water. After I use the water for a bit it goes away. But for any length of time like if I leave camp for a few days and it's not used it seems to build up on its own and it's soda water again. I can't say for sure if it has a smell maybe a slight soapy smell? So could be antifreeze? It doesn't smell bad or anything just really fizzy.
                Thanks everyone for your ideas and recommendations, I'll give em a try and report back with the findings. - Danny

Comment

Try swapping your hoses.

Also Release all pressure from the system, open the low point drain(s) (I'd do them one at a time), and then open the supply line back up and allow the water to flow through. You might try catching the water in a bucket to see if the problem goes away, do this on both hot and cold. Ensure the panel is not in winterize mode but in city mode. Also cycle all the handles in the panel to see that they are not partially open or closed.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

On a side note if you are leaving the camper for a few days please turn off the shore water supply and electric water heater, if you have that. Leaving the shore water on will cause you a lot of issues if there is a water leak inside the RV.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                      On a side note if you are leaving the camper for a few days please turn off the shore water supply and electric water heater, if you have that. Leaving the shore water on will cause you a lot of issues if there is a water leak inside the RV.

Brian
                      Yes thank you Brian, always a good reminder. We do make sure to turn off the water and heater when we leave. Still stumped as to why what is left in the pipes turns into soda while we're gone lol but going to give these ideas a shot and see how it goes!

Comment

Danny88 -- perhaps a local water authority or other source can test the water to determine if there's some form of residue in your trailer's water system.
                        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I agree with Yoda that somehow air is becoming entrained in your water system. Since you are on shore water, it doesn't sound like it is the pump.

I'm wondering if the water supply is from a well. If the drawdown in the well is too much the pump will start sucking air. Don't draw any water and the well fills again to where the pump isn't sucking air. Not the best or most detailed description of the potential problem, but I hope you get the gist of what I mean.
                          John
                          2018 Momentum 395M
                          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Danny88 My uneducated guess is that there are gasses dissolved in the water (always), but when you shut off the city water for a period, the pressure in your trailer's pipes drops to zero (perhaps through some trivial leaks or the cool down of the water in the heater), allowing some of the gas to precipitate out of solution.

One diagnostic idea is to leave the city water on when you leave...yes, risk of major blowout, but if you did this and didn't see the gas, it would confirm what I wrote above.
                            Ottertail, Minnesota
                            2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
                            2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

OP stated that with 2 hoses attached to the same spigot, he is only getting the issue in the RV. This makes me wonder if it's the hose.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X