Tank drain valve blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank drain valve blues

We are happily full timing in our Solitude S, successor to our Reflection 337. In both we have had the same problem, the drain valves have pulled very hard. I've replaced three valves, both Valterra and Bristol. It's not the cables, they work freely. Rob of Cate and Rob has installed grease fittings in the valves that has worked well for them. Anyone else dealt with this and come up with another solution? Pulling the coroplast down, and its reinstallation, is no fun at all, especially when you're 70 plus. Thanks to all!
    2020 Solitude 2930RL S-Class

steve gravelle -- I added to valves in the drain line that don't use a cable as I was tired of battling the installed cables and valves. The setup is similar to what a lot of OEMs install. The downside is the valves are outside of the coroplast, so that won't work for those that camp in very cold environments. If the Solitude's plumbing is all encompassed under the coroplast my solution may not work, either.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-lines-315rlts

The new valves have worked flawlessly on my extended summer trip (which will conclude at the end of this month).
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howard, many thanks! Will seriously consider this as we spend winter in Texas Hill Country, and below freezing is rare. We can work around it. We are enrolled in Texas rally in Kerrville October 20, God willing. Your assistance now and in the past is much appreciated!
      2020 Solitude 2930RL S-Class

Comment

Working...
      X