Shower drain cover "drain strainer" in Reflection 337RLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower drain cover "drain strainer" in Reflection 337RLS

The shower drain cover in our trailer got bent up a while back (they arent very robust and they bend easily) and never really fit back in the hole quite right. Today while I was at the local Menards I found a direct replacement in the plumbing area with all the strainers and baskets. It was called a "Drain strainer 1 7/8" part # 679-8280. It was $3.29 and it fits perfectly.
    I compared this new one to the unit that came with the trailer and visually the new piece is made out of material about twice as think. Hopefully avoiding the damage the next time I set my heel directly over it.
    Last edited by familytruckster4; 09-13-2022, 08:19 AM.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Here's a related story that's a little embarrassing. On our 2014 337, we could not get the shower to drain. I removed the basement wall and disconnected the plumbing to try and find the problem. I finally found it. There was protective plastic cover over the drain cover... I peeled it off, and it drained perfectly into the basement where I hadn't reconnected the drain pipe yet..

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

TucsonJim That would be my luck. Darn companies that use CLEAR plastic for covers. All beauty temporary covers should be some obscene color that stands out and says "LOOK AT ME".
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
      X