Winterizing black tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winterizing black tanks

Any advice for winterizing black and grey tanks?
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S 3740BH
    Tow vehicle 2022 Ford F350 6.7L diesel long box crew cab

Drain the contents?
    2020 Reflection 273MK
    2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by 941cowboy View Post
      I simply clean my black tank thoroughly with a wand, and treat all the tanks with a tank treatment (I use RV Digest It), leaving 2 or 3 gallons of water in each tank. Since I live in Arizona, I do not have to worry about any potential freezing.
      Mike and (RIP Karen)
      2021 2600RB
      2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

All I've ever done is leave the -50 pink antifreeze in them. I use 5 gallons to do all the winterizing and pour generous portions down the sinks, shower, washing machine and flush the toilet. In 16 years of camping in a TT I've never had an issue. I live in Michigan and the camper is stored outdoors. That being said I'm always open to any tips others may offer.

Comment

I do the same. Open up the drains at first to purge water and during the final pickling, close them off and leave some antifreeze in the tanks.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by 941cowboy View Post
            I drain and clean the tanks - flush with fresh water, then leave the drain valves open for a week to dry out, Never an oder problem. During the week I cycle the valves to remove any moisture in the seals. Thanks for the post as it reminded me to do this now while things are warm.
            Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Not sure where you're located, but NW Adventure Rentals is a great RV repair shop with locations in Spokane, Seattle, and Portland. They offer winterizing services, had nothing but good experiences with them.
              https://nwadventurerentals.com/

Comment

I have a 2021 303rls. Just winterized it for our second winter making sure I followed instructions regarding the Furrion On Demand Water Heater. Can't find anything on what to do with the black tank flush line. In the past I just poured some antifreeze in the line. Is there anything else I should do? So far no problems when it came to using the flush in the spring.
                Thanks,
                Jim
                Jim & Dot
                Richfield, WI.
                2021 Reflections 303RLS 5th wheel
                2015 GMC 2500HD Double Cab w/Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by Jim-Dot View Post
                  I have a 2021 303rls. Just winterized it for our second winter making sure I followed instructions regarding the Furrion On Demand Water Heater. Can't find anything on what to do with the black tank flush line. In the past I just poured some antifreeze in the line. Is there anything else I should do? So far no problems when it came to using the flush in the spring.
                  Thanks,
                  Jim
                  You could just blow it out with compressed air, 20 psi. should do. This is made so it should drain all contents either to the black tank or back out the inlet where you attach the hose. If there is a belly in the line this may hold water.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                  X