Small blue hose leaks water in the mornings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small blue hose leaks water in the mornings

This is my 1st RV, and 1st time here, so I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong area. I have a 2021 Grand Design TRANSCEND XPLOR RV and on the door side there is a small blue hose sticking out of the foam insulation that water comes out once or twice a week.

I cant figure out where it's coming from. I've owned the RV for about 2 months, and I love it, except for 3 things, I can't figure out why water is coming out there, and the sink water stinks bad. And when I drain the 3 tanks I get a bad smell from (I think) the kitchen tank.

i took pictures if that would help, I'm just not sure of the protocol of posting photos on this site.

Originally posted by RVRick View Post
    This is my 1st RV, and 1st time here, so I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong area. I have a 2021 Grand Design TRANSCEND XPLOR RV and on the door side there is a small blue hose sticking out of the foam insulation that water comes out once or twice a week.

I cant figure out where it's coming from. I've owned the RV for about 2 months, and I love it, except for 3 things, I can't figure out why water is coming out there, and the sink water stinks bad. And when I drain the 3 tanks I get a bad smell from (I think) the kitchen tank.

i took pictures if that would help, I'm just not sure of the protocol of posting photos on this site.
    Welcome, glad to have you join us here.

The blue hose may be the fresh tank over flow or a low point drain, a picture will help. If this hose is located near the main drain for the fresh water tank then it should be the over flow.

The "stinky smell" may be a AAV that is located up under the sink, this admits air into the plumbing when draining the sink. Check to see if it is attached correctly and is tight, it may just be bad and needs replacing.

There is an "upload attachement" button on the lower left where you are making the post, check out the Welcome Letter to New Members - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com), it will help you.

Brian​
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Ok, thank you. The black, and 2 gray tank drain hoses are on the far side of the RV, as are a small red and blue hoses (i think they are hot water heater drains?)

the blue hose thats "leaking" is on the door side of the RV.

i circled where on it the hose is, and then close ups of the hose with water coming out.
      ​
      is this normal, or is there a valve i need to close?

Comment

The white drain valve gives it away that it is a fresh water vent. These are known to have slosh related water "leaking"
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Does that mean I waited too long to drain the tank, and it overflowed through that hose?

Comment

RVRick That should be the fresh water tank. Did you fill the tank before traveling or fill it when you got to the park? That tank should be supplying fresh water to the pump for "off grid" camping.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

RVRick

The blue hose that is leaking water is the fresh tank overflow, as mentioned above. The manual states to fill the fresh tank until the indicator on the panel inside the RV reads full. If you fill until the water starts to flow from the overflow pipe you have the risk of syphoning action starting that could drain the tank to a less than full level. As mentioned above there is also a sloshing effect that could cause water loss while traveling as well.

The other blue and red pipes are for the low point drains.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

No, its been in a park on city water for about a month and a half. There should be no reason there would be no water in the fresh tank.

I just checked the convenience center, and its saying the fresh tank is full, even though i just emptied the black tank, and both gray tanks this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by RVRick View Post
                  No, its been in a park on city water for about a month and a half. There should be no reason there would be no water in the fresh tank.

I just checked the convenience center, and its saying the fresh tank is full, even though i just emptied the black tank, and both gray tanks this morning.
                  You may have a faulty check valve on the water pump. If the fresh tank is filling while on shore power you will need to check the water pump check valve, the only reason the fresh tank will fill while on shore power. Pull the drain on the fresh tank until empty and close, check after a few hours to see if water is again filling the fresh tank. The drain is the large white valve as noted above. The fresh tank is not connected in any way to the black or gray tanks.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                  X