Secondary Spray Port Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary Spray Port Issue

On our newly acquired Imagine 2670MK, I am unable to attach the sprayer unit to the Spray Port that is located at the rear of the unit. It attaches just fine to the one up front that has the hot and cold knobs. It almost seems like the internal mechanism is not positioned correctly so that it will not allow the hose end unit to go in far enough to be able to grab. This has nothing to do with water pressure, as I've tried it both ways. I have talked to my dealer and sent him pictures, but have not received any call back after over 48 hours.

I have seen other posts about the need to press extra hard with the rear attachment. Believe me, that has been tried and definitely no amount of pressure will get it to attach. The front unit has no problem whatsoever. Is it possible the one is defective?

The connection is similar to an air hose connection so you have to push the outer sleeve back to make the connection. I had an issue with ours in the wet bay this last trip where I could not get the sleeve to move. I ended up twisting it until I could spin it freely around and then push it back and forth until it started working and I could connect the hose, I think it got a little corrosion. The one on the rear of our unit is very finicky as well and it is in the smallest of areas to work with. I use this one more than the one in the wet bay so I have not had any corrosion there but it is hard to make the connection, I have sprayed with a little lubricant, vegetable oil would work as well. A few times I have had to release the pressure and got wet in the process. Make sure the outer ring will spin freely and slide in and out a little and it should work.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak2000 View Post
      On our newly acquired Imagine 2670MK, I am unable to attach the sprayer unit to the Spray Port that is located at the rear of the unit. It attaches just fine to the one up front that has the hot and cold knobs. It almost seems like the internal mechanism is not positioned correctly so that it will not allow the hose end unit to go in far enough to be able to grab. This has nothing to do with water pressure, as I've tried it both ways. I have talked to my dealer and sent him pictures, but have not received any call back after over 48 hours.

I have seen other posts about the need to press extra hard with the rear attachment. Believe me, that has been tried and definitely no amount of pressure will get it to attach. The front unit has no problem whatsoever. Is it possible the one is defective?
      Welcome to the forum. I have the exact same issue on my 2017 GDRV unit. Here's how I get it attached.

1. Turn off the water from shore power or turn off the pump if operating from the tank.
      2. Open up the faucet in the kitchen to relieve all pressure in the system.
      3. Try the hose. If it still doesn't go in, move to step number 4.
      4. Use a Phillips head screwdriver to apply pressure to the plunger while sliding back the outer ring. This will usually free it up. I've only had to do this twice, and then lubricate it.
      5. Try the hose again and it should go in.

If necessary, you could apply some food grade lubricant to the hose fitting to try and lube the connector up.

https://www.amazon.com/CRC-Food-Grad...298463185&th=1

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

As others have stated, turn off the water and bleed off pressure. But what really helped us to get the recessed quick connections to work was to lubricate them with food grade silicone. They will work better than new once they're lubricated.

https://www.amazon.com/CRC-Food-Grad...Q%3D%3D&sr=8-5

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X